There are 160 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by ritz126:
doesnt seem to be as dominant but it is

you are romanticizing last year and that's probably because Bosa almost had 2x the sacks last year (and FWIW we have more sacks as a team this year)

They added Hargrave and Chase Young, at minimum you'd expect that the defense would have more sacks than last year.

and we lost an all pro S too

Since the addition of Chase Young (9 games) we would be on pace for 56 sacks for the year (last year we had 44).. i would say 12 sacks is quite a bit since bringing in Chase and Hargrave wouldn't you?
[ Edited by ritz126 on Jan 11, 2024 at 7:37 AM ]
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Niners only allowed 24+ points twice this season.....31 to Bengals, 29 to Cardinals.

Pretty good.

33 to the Ravens??
Purdy gave 33 to the ravens

Oops, of course...haha.

I guess my mind has done a good job blocking that out.

But in fairness to my original point, let's call it an "earned" 24+...

Bengals scored almost as much, with I think just one turnover.

i think we can take out the Arizona game

they scored a TD with less than 1 minute left in a blowout game

Bengals and Ravens both scored over 24 points and both games we had like 3+ turnovers
Lets go Falcons. Be stupid and grab him
I hate to say it but I think he's being interviewed by teams to meet the Rooney Rule requirement. He was a disaster his one year in Arizona as HC and barely average in his short stint as interim in Carolina.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I hate to say it but I think he's being interviewed by teams to meet the Rooney Rule requirement. He was a disaster his one year in Arizona as HC and barely average in his short stint as interim in Carolina.

I think so too

I disagree about him being "barely average" as the interim in Carolina. Rhule went 1-4 to start the season before being replaced by Wilks in 22 and Reich went 1-10 this season lol. Wilks being 6-6 sandwiched between them is quite the feat imo.
Originally posted by illinois9er:

I disagree about him being "barely average" as the interim in Carolina. Rhule went 1-4 to start the season before being replaced by Wilks in 22 and Reich went 1-10 this season lol. Wilks being 6-6 sandwiched between them is quite the feat imo.

Yeah. Arizona is a disaster of a place to work. He was asked to do a bunch of sketchy stuff by ownership and that place is known to be a cultural hell hole.

he did a good job in Carolina last year and the players loved him, they played hard. Just needed help on the offensive side. I think he could make a good head coach in the right situation.

selfishly, I want him to stay here another year but would be happy for him. I just want us to have some damn stability to try and make a run. Even belichicks staff wasn't raided like ours is, and we haven't even won a chip.
from 3 different fire him now threads, to where will he be promoted next
classic WZ
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
classic WZ

I would bet money he's on the 49ers sideline next season
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
classic WZ

I would bet money he's on the 49ers sideline next season

I already have a bet going and that would be a W
so we think alike
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Jan 11, 2024 at 9:37 AM ]

Oddly enough I hope he stays for a while. The players seem to respect him and he works well with Kyle. It would be nice to have some continuity on d.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Oddly enough I hope he stays for a while. The players seem to respect him and he works well with Kyle. It would be nice to have some continuity on d.

Plus another off season where he can really dig in and focus on coaching guys up - he had to learn the system and the guys his first year. I like wilks and hope he stays
Ppl don't realize that the 49ers defenders love Wilks, and also we won't get a comp pick unless he sticks for another year, I mean who out there is better than Wilks that is available? I say keep Wilks, the defense has been very very good, no it's not 2022, but since Chase came over our sack totals have went up.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Ppl don't realize that the 49ers defenders love Wilks, and also we won't get a comp pick unless he sticks for another year, I mean who out there is better than Wilks that is available? I say keep Wilks, the defense has been very very good, no it's not 2022, but since Chase came over our sack totals have went up.

We basically have a HC level operator, on the D side, paired with KS. That's exactly what you want.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

We basically have a HC level operator, on the D side, paired with KS. That's exactly what you want.
with the talent we have.. there are a good amount of true Defensive HCs available that could step in easily
Share 49ersWebzone