There are 153 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
It sounds like this dude might be on the way out too. We'll see. It feels like every year in the playoffs, we're dealing with these extra distractions while every other team gets to focus on the playoffs.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 13, 2024 at 7:45 PM ]
this guy interviewing everywhere, maybe he really doesn't like it here since he cant sit in the box lol...
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
this guy interviewing everywhere, maybe he really doesn't like it here since he cant sit in the box lol...
I know where he hangs out almost every night.. not giving a you know what lol
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jan 13, 2024 at 8:45 PM ]

Maybe he will be the first HC to sit in the box.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I know where he hangs out almost every night.. not giving a you know what lol

Originally posted by libertyforever:

Maybe he will be the first HC to sit in the box.

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NCommand:
It sounds like this dude might be on the way out too. We'll see. It feels like every year in the playoffs, we're dealing with these extra distractions while every other team gets to focus on the playoffs.

I am not aware of Dan Quinn or Spags etc interviewing right now...

Perhaps I am mistaken.

Tend to agree with you on this.

I'm not sure about that. Teams now have to interview two minority candidates. It's not surprising he was going to get a few interviews.
[ Edited by SFrush on Jan 13, 2024 at 11:14 PM ]
Do we get a comp for the rooney rule or does that not apply because he was a hc before?
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by Since07:
Do we get a comp for the rooney rule or does that not apply because he was a hc before?

I think he has to be here 2 years.
Originally posted by Crown:

Perhaps I am mistaken.

I don't think they can interview either yet because they have games.

Originally posted by Crown:

Perhaps I am mistaken.

Don't think they can because they played this week.
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by Since07:

I think he has to be here 2 years.

Correct.
I trust both Shanahan and Lynch to find a really good DC for his replacement.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
I hope Steve Wilks stays because he has done a really good job so far. I like the way the secondary improved. That being said, if Wilks is hiring as HC, good for him and I hope he will have success. Shanahan can find a replacement if necessary. The defense just like the offense is his baby.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
With 8 HC slots open, you know Wilks is going to get the call. There are not 8 great guys out there to take those 8 slots. Plus BB, Carroll, are almost sure to get another HC shot , assuming they want it. Wilks has had a solid yr after a bit of a shaky start. He finished out the season quite nicely, but JL helped a ton when he snagged Chase..

I think it highly unlikely one of the 8 HC-less teams don't look at Wilks with a fine tooth comb, and my guess would be he gets his shot at HC. Where, however, may not be all that enticing.

I don't know how I'd feel if I were him getting all of those calls though, knowing a good amount will be just to satisfy the Rooney rule.

May have to call him Rooney Wilks. I'll bet $1 he will come out post SB stating he felt used to satisfy rule. Just get rid of it. If you are good they will come-no matter your color. Hello DeMeco.

Just the fact that he's been exposed to Kyle's system and can pouch a couple of our coaches makes him much more valuable than he was last year
Share 49ersWebzone