There are 260 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Literally no excuse for a defense with this much talent being as bad as that for 2Q of football
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Literally no excuse for a defense with this much talent being as bad as that for 2Q of football

why aren't we asking the same of the O? O has more talent than our D. the O sucked for 1 half. O has two MVP candidates, and our HC is O minded.

There is a reason not excuse. Bad tackling, bad gap integrity, no energy and a vanilla pass rush all on Wilks
Wilks has to go after the season win or lose in the SB. His scheme is hot garbage
Cant wait until saleh is fired
Originally posted by HONEYBADGER:
Wilks has to go after the season win or lose in the SB. His scheme is hot garbage

Could you imagine getting fired after your team winds a SB?
Part of me agrees with you, but the other part of me says you win the 'ship you keep your job
Originally posted by mattster03:

Part of me agrees with you, but the other part of me says you win the 'ship you keep your job

Lmao I mean Baltimore dumped dilfer after he did the bare minimum to win the super bowl. Sometimes winning it all makes these decisions tough.

But who would we hire? I'm sure it will be a coveted job
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

why aren't we asking the same of the O? O has more talent than our D. the O sucked for 1 half. O has two MVP candidates, and our HC is O minded.

The offense came through In the end, though. The defense was helped out from opposition mistakes, mostly dropped passes, and an head coach who was overly aggressive.
Wilks is literally blowing his interview in real time.
Originally posted by mattster03:

I do not think he would be.

He has made decent halftime adjustments this year.

It's irritating though seeing just doing simple things like he did this game with moving ward into man and doing a couple blitzes taking the defense from being absolute dog s**t to impenetrable after halftime.

Some of it I think is the talent taking over at the end of games both on our offensive side and defensive side which tends to happen after the initial start of game energy wears out.

I really liked what the lions were doing to us to start the game loading the box and rushing 4. It seemed to stuff the run way better than we were doing. The lineup of our front 4 is so wide it's easy to block out huge holes and if warner or greenlaw do not fill the right one it's off to the races.

The lions sucked a bunch of dudes into the box and it was multiple layers of tough sledding for CMC.

I feel like we should be able to make drastic adjustments much quicker. Like I'm fairly certain if we immediately switched to man and blitzed the hell out of Goff he would have coughed up a couple picks.

The offense came through In the end, though. The defense was helped out from opposition mistakes, mostly dropped passes, and an head coach who was overly aggressive.

the D came thru

how about the forced fumble to fuel the comeback
how about the 4th down, where they specifically call out Wilks scheme as getting DET off the field
we had multiple 4th down stops, and Reynolds had a pretty tough catch on 4th, (his easy drop was a 3rd down)
a moment easy to forget is DET elected to run at 3rd and goal and got completely smoked, so that forced them to burn a TO, which forced the onside kick

overly aggressive means he's testing our D more, and our D won the 4th downs, by and large.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Suck 1st half.....

Great 2nd half.....

Nice adjustments and great win.....

Yeah, his adjustments led to the dropped passes and asinine decisions by Campbell to go for it on 4th down.

they pointed out him taking Johnson's lunch money on 4th with his scheme, do we ignore that one?

One of the 4th downs was great, DL pressure led to Goff throwing off target. The other was a flat out dropped pass that should have converted.

did you not hear the broadcast talking about Wilks scheme, how we set em up with a man look, and they had a man beater on, and we ran zone, and got em off the field?

i did and said why cant we do this from the first play on!? I feel like the first half is him figuring out what they're doing or trying to do. lol

same with our O which is historically good and faced a 23rd in NFL d and stank for 30 mins

we need the scheme of their lives from Wilks and Shanahan man.
I guess it's nice Wilks is really good at HT adjustments but for Pete's sake does it have to be every damn f**king game? I'm thankful (I think) that's one of his best qualities but maybe mix in having the right f**king gameplan to begin with once in a while. Having said that the team still needs to fire his ass.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I guess it's nice Wilks is really good at HT adjustments but for Pete's sake does it have to be every damn f**king game? I'm thankful (I think) that's one of his best qualities but maybe mix in having the right f**king gameplan to begin with once in a while. Having said that the team still needs to fire his ass.

right?
Originally posted by ninerjok:

why act like it's every game? GB trucked DAL, we held em to 6 in the first half. We scored 7 and led at half.
Share 49ersWebzone