There are 285 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
That 4th down stop was huge. But need to work on stopping the run better.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
I dont know if there will be much change in gameplan for the SB. I mean we hardly see any changes week to week. This is going to be the concern especially against Mahommes and Kelce. Those 2 can single handedly ruin your night.
Warner on Kelce is asking for trouble. He will need help. Thomas is going to be abused as well. Very worried about him.
Originally posted by Montana:
That 4th down stop was huge. But need to work on stopping the run better.

We are atrocious against the run. Its embarrassing.
This run and pass defense won't work against the Chiefs. Got to be a lot better.
Needed to commit more resources vs the run first half. Finally did second half and it turned the tide
Originally posted by 49ers9797:
Warner on Kelce is asking for trouble. He will need help. Thomas is going to be abused as well. Very worried about him.

Who is going to abuse Thomas though? Ward will be on Rice and Lenoir will be on Kelce with help from Warner/Greenlaw. That's all the Chiefs have. If Thomas let's MVS go crazy on him, He doesn't deserve to be back next season.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Needed to commit more resources vs the run first half. Finally did second half and it turned the tide

Yea. Should've dropped an extra defender in the box a bit earlier. And for the love of God please work on screens
Whatever game plan he had against Detroit needs to be burned and thrown away. Way too many soft coverages and long 3rd down conversions.

Double team Kelce and stop the run. Make the others beat you.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Whatever game plan he had against Detroit needs to be burned and thrown away. Way too many soft coverages and long 3rd down conversions.

Double team Kelce and stop the run. Make the others beat you.

Players said he made halftime adjustments that worked. That's great, because we won, but we all want to see him make adjustments between each drive on the sidelines tbh. We wont survive another showing like that.

That 1st half run defense was poop. I even saw Warner took the wrong gap early. 2nd half was much better that helped kept Lions scoreless while offense mount a comeback.
Dude busted out AA back at DE to try and help the run D.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Yea. Should've dropped an extra defender in the box a bit earlier. And for the love of God please work on screens

Yes, the Chiefs will screen you to death!
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Dude busted out AA back at DE to try and help the run D.

Sadly not a terrible idea. I'm so used to AA with white arm sleeves it threw me off the first couple of plays.
Our D needs a major adjustment. Some of those 3rd down conversions yesterday were completely awful. 3rd and 12 and 3rd and 18 stick out in my mind.
Share 49ersWebzone