There are 284 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by tohara3:
I do think that Kyle, Lynch & whomever else them deem necessary to be helping set up the defense for the Super Bowl. I don't have enough trust in Wilks to do all of this on his own! Do whatever you have to do Kyle!!

Bellicheck has his calendar free. Only one day of consultation work needed.
I never knew Wilks was on X
his latest

Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
The key 4th down stop, was exactly that tho,

How about you disguise more than one play a game. You know like Spags does.

Yeah, Its not that we have never been able to disguise or confuse the opposing offense. Just not anywhere close to an acceptable level. My biggest issues are the blitz's. Our defense is terrible at disguising them so teams often know when and where we are blitzing from. So that means we rarely do it. This puts added pressure on our defensive front in both the run and pass. And the DL haven't been as good as previous years to where you can simply send 4 and are able to consistently get pressure and win there one on one match ups .
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Bellicheck has his calendar free. Only one day of consultation work needed.

I would bring in Belichick, Seifert, Ray Rhodes, Pete Carroll and Mike Zimmer.

For the offensive line, a bunch of judo experts to teach them to subtly hold the s**t out of the KC DL since this reffing crew doesn't call it.
Originally posted by Bloodless:
Rex Ryan absolutely bashed our defense today lol. Rightfully so.

"Look if i can sit back and watch TV and tell you what coverage they are in. What is Patrick Mahomes going to be able to do. It's cover four we are going here. It's cover three we are going here."

If a a former successful defensive coach is saying that about Wilks. You got to take that very seriously.

Ugh

Not sure if posted… but problem solved
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

I'm just thrilled he realizes corrections need to be made. If he really is uncomfortable running the wide 9, maybe he can reach out to Saleh and Ryans for advice?
  • thl408
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I never knew Wilks was on X
his latest

He needs to stop wasting his time on twitter and start watching film.
I'm going to try and look at this as a 'glass half full' thing for a moment.

Maybe he realizes that marque teams get away with holding non-stop so he shifted the emphasis to 'contain' ...thinking that he would at least have his rushers in a position to stop the big scrambles. ...I'm reaching.

let him coach the game of his life and get hype to propel him to a HC job in a year.

"Look if i can sit back and watch TV and tell you what coverage they are in. What is Patrick Mahomes going to be able to do. It's cover four we are going here. It's cover three we are going here."

If a a former successful defensive coach is saying that about Wilks. You got to take that very seriously.

The defense sucked but his comment could be an exaggeration.

Maybe he wants to be our DC.
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
let him coach the game of his life and get hype to propel him to a HC job in a year.

Let's just be average and not terrible. Ought to be good enough if our O can play well for the game.

Generate a turnover or two (like they have most of the year)… don't let the Chiefs go on super long drives. Force some 3's instead of 6's. That can be just one good play on a series when the Chiefs are in scoring position. They have Mahomes, but that offense isn't very good.
  • Cosmo

Let's just be average and not terrible. Ought to be good enough if our O can play well for the game.

Generate a turnover or two (like they have most of the year)… don't let the Chiefs go on super long drives. Force some 3's instead of 6's. That can be just one good play on a series when the Chiefs are in scoring position. They have Mahomes, but that offense isn't very good.

Just stop the damn run!
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Ugh

not sure how true this is given that we have seen a few plays highlighted where were rotated.

I also doubt Kyle would allow this to continue.

The defense sucked but his comment could be an exaggeration.

Maybe he wants to be our DC.

Share 49ersWebzone