LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 270 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Look at it this way, if we had Demeco Ryan's we would be more confident in the defense. With Wilks most of us are not. Positivity does not make it so, this game could be lost because of our weak d coordinator.

oh yea there would be no complaints, I am certain. zero.

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Look at it this way, if we had Demeco Ryan's we would be more confident in the defense. With Wilks most of us are not. Positivity does not make it so, this game could be lost because of our weak d coordinator.

You guys think wilks less aggressive nature might be a good thing in this matchup?
WHO CARES.. He gone after we beat the Chiefs... . teams will fall in love with him because of the way we stopped Pat-Andy..
Originally posted by 9moon:
WHO CARES.. He gone after we beat the Chiefs... . teams will fall in love with him because of the way we stopped Pat-Andy..

Washington and Peters might get desperate enough.

Somehow a bad game last year has something to do with our defensive performance this year.

You must be a magician, lol.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Somehow a bad game last year has something to do with our defensive performance this year.

You must be a magician, lol.

I don't know if you are following, I was responding to a point that if we had Ryans, we would be going into this matchup with confidence. I disagree, and provided a pic to explain my reasoning.
I don't know if you are following, I was responding to a point that if we had Ryans, we would be going into this matchup with confidence. I disagree, and provided a pic to explain my reasoning.

I'm definitely following. What you did was cherry pick a bad game to imply that people wouldn't be confident in him either. Clearly people were confident in DeMeco because of his body of work here and the reverse is true of Wilks. It's not a one game thing… it's not a matchup with the Chiefs thing either.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
You guys think wilks less aggressive nature might be a good thing in this matchup?

Not in the slightest. You let Andy Reid dictate terms and you are dead.
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by 9moon:

Washington is to only team that still needs a coach…
Originally posted by Cosmo:

Don't rule out a mutual parting. I am doubtful that we'll fire him as well but I definitely think it's on the table. It's not like he has to be hired away to be removed.

• Cosmo
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Cosmo:

Don't rule out a mutual parting. I am doubtful that we'll fire him as well but I definitely think it's on the table. It's not like he has to be hired away to be removed.

I think that outcome would be based on the defense's SB performance and whether or not a suitable replacement is available. Now if the Jets bomb again next year and Saleh is canned…
The 49ers defense didn't face that many offenses who stuck with the running game. Even the Lions got away from the run in the second half, when they were dominating in the trenches in the first half. The Arizona Cardinals stuck with the run in week 15, and they rushed for 234 yards. If the Lions had stuck with the run, they may have rushed for 300 yards or more .

Andy Reid will run, run and run some more.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
The 49ers defense didn't face that many offenses who stuck with the running game. Even the Lions got away from the run in the second half, when they were dominating in the trenches in the first half. The Arizona Cardinals stuck with the run in week 15, and they rushed for 234 yards. If the Lions had stuck with the run, they may have rushed for 300 yards or more .

Personally have my doubts. It's not really his thing.

also feel like we can bring extra people down in run defense and man up their s**tty receivers to keep it simple.
Originally posted by RonnieLott:

Uhhh....have you followed Andy Reid's coaching career?
Yes Andy Reid does whatever it takes to win

He cuts open an oppositions obvious areas of vulnerability.

Our area of vulnerability is our run defence.
Share 49ersWebzone