LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 282 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Niners99:
I think Wilks coming down from the Booth at Lincoln Financial Field helped 'assassinate' the Eagles' season.
we may need him to go back.. the defense hasn't been the same
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I think Wilks coming down from the Booth at Lincoln Financial Field helped 'assassinate' the Eagles' season.

I see you skipped required reading for the day
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

you think they played better after that game?

lol my dumb joke went over his head apparently.

lol my dumb joke went over his head apparently.
i see the joke now... but wilks needs to step it up
I hope he has a better gameplan than the last 2 weeks or it's going to be a really long day against Mahomes.

The biggest factor is Going to be Owen Burks. I watched the tape of last week. Every time they went after Burks, they made a big play. They obviously knew he was a liability. He has to get his head out of his ass for the Superbowl. Bad gap integrity, bad angles to flat routes ec
Reid against Wilks is the biggest mismatch of this game
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
The biggest factor is Going to be Owen Burks. I watched the tape of last week. Every time they went after Burks, they made a big play. They obviously knew he was a liability. He has to get his head out of his ass for the Superbowl. Bad gap integrity, bad angles to flat routes ec

He was a game time decision & probably wasn't fully healthy. He has played well this year so it was a surprise how bad he played. Hopefully he fixes it
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
[ Edited by DrEll on Feb 2, 2024 at 6:34 AM ]

• DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by DrEll:
lol. Ward calling it out that everyone hates Wilks 😂

Huh?

"I love coach Wilks. Everybody else hates him. The media and a lot of people hate on coach Wilks for some reason.

Obviously it's not the players. But Ward going through the Webzone and social media and acknowledging the hate is realz…

i think we will be fine we have lays done good with extra time to prepare
from what i see most of the issues are more execution/effort issues not scheme. Moving AA to edge really helped stop the outside run plays which kind of tells me its a problem setting the EDGE. Chase young went inside a lot trying to make a play on the QB instead of setting the Edge a few times

in terms of Mahomes he will get his it is what it is at this point just have to force him or try to to go somewhere other than Kelce
I hope Chase Young isn't active for the game.

Dude is a POS
Feature article on Steve W, from ESPN

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39437348/49ers-coach-steve-wilks-five-year-journey-firing-lawsuit-super-bowl
Originally posted by ritz126:

i think we will be fine we have lays done good with extra time to prepare
from what i see most of the issues are more execution/effort issues not scheme. Moving AA to edge really helped stop the outside run plays which kind of tells me its a problem setting the EDGE. Chase young went inside a lot trying to make a play on the QB instead of setting the Edge a few times

in terms of Mahomes he will get his it is what it is at this point just have to force him or try to to go somewhere other than Kelce
effort is not there due to DC, by putting players in the wrong position/play call and having a watch and react approach.

you know how many years people wanted AA on the inside, now we got some wanting AA back on the outside. He's better fitted on the inside to disrupt the timing.
Share 49ersWebzone