LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 258 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Regardless of where they put AA he has to play better. He's been terrible versus the run inside or outside.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Regardless of where they put AA he has to play better. He's been terrible versus the run inside or outside.

Armstead?
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
the 49ers defense has been embarrassed (self inflicted) and have been taking heat for 2 weeks now and i'm sure they as competitors they've taken it to heart and are eager to show out. the fiasco of the detroit game (and to a lesser extent green bay) may be just what the doctor ordered to get this defense back on track and ready for Patrick mahomes.

Except Ambry is gonna Ambry. There are some huge liabilities on this defense, and you know Mahomes is licking his chops to expose those weaknesses…
Mahomes will fling one out there just to watch if Ambry makes contact for pass interference.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by thl408:
Either I'm going crazy or your posts make more sense than ever before.

Can both be true?

Ironic THL losing his mind just when Buzz started making sense. This place will catchup to you sooner or later....
Wish we had Huff for this game.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Mahomes will fling one out there just to watch if Ambry makes contact for pass interference.

One. I can see him being pressured at least 2-3 times this game and he just heaves it toward Ambry's direction…
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Patton:

Man me too.

I know he has his critics here but I just trusted him back there.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Either I'm going crazy or your posts make more sense than ever before.

Can both be true?

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by Giedi:
The front seven play has been bland, but he back seven disguises and zone rotations and zone pattern matching have been pretty good, in my opinion. Like you said, he has to mix it up, or change it up for the Superbowl. My hope is that he does a bit more stunting and blitzing in this next game, but still be able to hold them to 3's on those scoring drives instead of giving up 7's.

Another hope I have here that nobody is talking about I think, is that Mahomes being the self annointed God is likely not going to try and dice up the secondary with a million cuts.

Maybe he will, but I doubt it for the entire game.

I see maybe a little Rodgers in him wanting to go for the kill and getting taken down. If Wilks' rotating defenses can slow down his progressions just enough, maybe Bosa and Co can get home.

Offenses have been using the quick pass to offset the defensive line pressure that the 49ers generate, and its worked. I'm pretty sure KC will do that too. Wilks has been a bend but don't break defense. Lions did too much 49er breaking in the first half.

We all know the crack-toss and the KC screen game is coming. I hope Kinlaw can intercept a mahomes pass if they call screens. Key is to slow down that potent KC offense so Purdy has a chance to ball hog and get a lead on KC.

We need to stop the run and Travis Kelce and maybe Rice

We really need to stop the run

But really we need to show effort.
We need to stop the run and Travis Kelce and maybe Rice

We really need to stop the run

But really we need to show effort.

This may be the most brilliant of your 350 posts in 8 days.
Thank you so much. We should be underdogs lol. People tend to say teams with the better QB wins or better Defense. But for the superbowl it's different I guess. They are going with the better players overall wins. Here's to hope because Andy Reid made our defense look sad and they were better last time.

Patrick Mahomes literally has a perfect record against us in both the regular season and postseason. The fact that the chiefs are underdog going into this game is another media narrative they will use when it's rigged for them to win.

The talking heads are all picking the Chiefs, but the Vegas line still favors the Niners, odd.
[ Edited by RonnieLott on Feb 7, 2024 at 7:52 PM ]
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by Patton:

Man me too.

I know he has his critics here but I just trusted him back there.

Logan Ryan might be a better fit back there this game than Brown. Brown has the higher upside, and is probably a better tackler. But when you have a guy like Mahomes where inches can be the difference between a TD vs INT, you need someone reliable in the backfield. Yes he's a liability in the run game, but could prove to be an asset in the pass game.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Thank you so much. We should be underdogs lol. People tend to say teams with the better QB wins or better Defense. But for the superbowl it's different I guess. They are going with the better players overall wins. Here's to hope because Andy Reid made our defense look sad and they were better last time.

Patrick Mahomes literally has a perfect record against us in both the regular season and postseason. The fact that the chiefs are underdog going into this game is another media narrative they will use when it's rigged for them to win.

The talking heads are all picking the Chiefs, but the Vegas line still favors the Niners, odd.

Chiefs EPA on offense went from 11th to 4th from reg season to playoffs. Niners EPA on defense went from 10 to 32 from reg season to playoffs. Which of the following is more likely to hold form on Sunday ? KC continues to play offense at a high level (they scored 0 pts vs the Ravens for about 40 minutes), or the Niners field the worst ranked defense in the league ? That's why the Niners are favored. The analytics say that the Chiefs are more likely to play offense like they did during the regular season, and the Niners are more likely to play defense like they did in the regular season.

If this matchup had been set before Christmas, the Niners would likely have been favored by 6 points.
Share 49ersWebzone