LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 269 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Soft zone is basically prevent defense. It never works.

He had some boneheaded play calls down the stretch, where everyone knew where the pressure was coming from.

I still blame Shanny, but Wilks was a contributing factor.
Originally posted by TrojanPV:

He had some boneheaded play calls down the stretch, where everyone knew where the pressure was coming from.

There's lots of contributing factors, but if you ask who called a better game, Wilks or Shanahan, who do you have?
Originally posted by lamontb:
Agreed on the soft zone. But is basically a staple of this defense. When have they not played soft zone in the clutch under KS. Same s**t Saleh and DR did.

On 3rd and long yes.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
There's lots of contributing factors, but if you ask who called a better game, Wilks or Shanahan, who do you have?

Would like to see all 22 to see what if anything was open.

That's kind of like asking me if I want to stab myself in my left eye or right eye right now.

Doesn't really matter. I suppose Wilks but the bottom line is both of them were outcoached.
Held KC to under 20 in regulation. With the weapons on this O, that should be more than enough. End of.
Originally posted by OhioNiner:

Doesn't really matter. I suppose Wilks but the bottom line is both of them were outcoached.

If we got beat 45-44, you'd be blaming the defense easy. We wanted better effort from the defense, better effort from Chase Young, pressure on Mahommes. The defense delivered all of that. Even got the first pick on Mahommes in the playoffs. What did the offense give them? This was on the O more than anything. Wilks had the defense ready and they let let KC hang around. In some ways, the offensive production was worse than 2019 given the quality of players we had on offense. Reid got Wilks in the end, sure. But the offense did little to help.

If we got beat 45-44, you'd be blaming the defense easy. We wanted better effort from the defense, better effort from Chase Young, pressure on Mahommes. The defense delivered all of that. Even got the first pick on Mahommes in the playoffs. What did the offense give them? This was on the O more than anything. Wilks had the defense ready and they let let KC hang around. In some ways, the offensive production was worse than 2019 given the quality of players we had on offense. Reid got Wilks in the end, sure. But the offense did little to help.
Great post, completely agree

Preach. This needs to be on the frontpage somewhere

Yup. The ST even gift wrapped KC a td with that muff. The defense was stellar and did enough. The offense, particularly Kyle's pass happy third quarter, killed us.
Originally posted by zeppfan1:

Great post, completely agree

We did score the first 4th quarter points against the Chiefs in the playoffs. Our 3rd quarter was odd with 7 straight passes and taking big losses on 4th downs.
I dont like wilks but he had the d humming

Greenlaw was flying and his loss hurt.

ST's and Offense are to blame
He could potentially get the walking papers tomorrow
Originally posted by Predator85:
He could potentially get the walking papers tomorrow

For what?
Share 49ersWebzone