LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 255 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Predator85:
He could potentially get the walking papers tomorrow

Been on his case for most of the season. All he did tonight was gain my trust. Wish I could say that for the HC.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

For what?

Got to assume in-house he's blamed for the loss.

For what?

Stevie Wonder could see Wilks wasn't to blame for the loss

We aren't gonna fire him. Someone will poach him and we'll get another free 3rd pick

For what?

Asinine if that's the case. The culprit for this L is not someone Jed is gonna fire. If anyone else gets canned, it won't go over well in the locker room.
Originally posted by Rathof44:

For what?

Stevie Wonder could see Wilks wasn't to blame for the loss

Held the Mahomes offense to 20 points. And Kyle the genius couldn't score when it counted . I am sure he will get scapegoated because Kyle can't look himself in the mirror
Been critical of WIlks many times this season but hard to pin this one on him
Mahomes scored only one TD before that last drive, and that one during regulation was a short drive starting at the 15 yard line. But we gave him two chances to win the game. Why? Why?
Wilks showed up and kept the chiefs to under 20 in regulation which is ideal, the offense didn't do its part

I bet he gets future endeavored
Yeah he definitely did his job tonight. Firing him after tonight would be ridiculous.
Originally posted by 49ers9797:
Yeah he definitely did his job tonight. Firing him after tonight would be ridiculous.

If he gets fired it'll be for stuff like Kyle having to overrule his playcalls late in the game. He's too vanilla most of the time, his blitzes are always predictable and he never seems to do things in a way that you feel he's setting up the offense for a new wrinkle later on in the game.
I've tried to have a positive attitude about him all season, but I do indeed think he's going to get canned. The Superbowl timeout that Shanny called to adjust his (poor) alignment, is evidence. Shanny is done with him
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 49ers9797:

If he gets fired it'll be for stuff like Kyle having to overrule his playcalls late in the game. He's too vanilla most of the time, his blitzes are always predictable and he never seems to do things in a way that you feel he's setting up the offense for a new wrinkle later on in the game.

I agree, but the defense was not the issue tonight. Losing Greenlaw really hurt and he had to compensate as well.

I do think we need to re evaluate the scheme but I was very happy with his game most of the night. I'd argue he coached better than Kyle tonight.
Share 49ersWebzone