There are 231 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Only thing I'm concerned about is stopping the run. Wilks is a secondary guy. He had Brian Burns, Matt Ioaniddis and Derrick Brown and still only were ranked #22 against the run.

It is a concern. I'd rather be great against the run and OK against the pass because I think if you can't defend the run you're way more susceptible to play action and misdirection.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Only thing I'm concerned about is stopping the run. Wilks is a secondary guy. He had Brian Burns, Matt Ioaniddis and Derrick Brown and still only were ranked #22 against the run.

It is a concern. I'd rather be great against the run and OK against the pass because I think if you can't defend the run you're way more susceptible to play action and misdirection.

Hopefully all those GTFO's work.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Hopefully all those GTFO's work.
we used to be great at the stopping the run the few years before Harbaugh with Willis and Takeo. good times
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Sep 9, 2023 at 8:27 PM ]
... WAS this guy out for the game,.,,... or just got no idea on how to drive a Lambo ??
Dude, the thread is lower on the first page.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/196537-49ers-defensive-coordinator-steve-wilks/page32/

EDIT: Good thread combo mods.
[ Edited by captveg on Sep 10, 2023 at 3:21 PM ]
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
The prevent at the end of the half was just ridiculous.

mike Nolan special.
pretty good job today, keep it up.
Originally posted by 9moon:
... WAS this guy out for the game,.,,... or just got no idea on how to drive a Lambo ??

7 points..... did you even watch the game?
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

we could've technically thrown a shutout if we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot that last 2 mins of the 1st half.

Not good enough lol

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

we could've technically thrown a shutout if we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot that last 2 mins of the 1st half.

Ya that was dumb. Hopefully lesson learned.
Coach Wilks, I apologize for thinking the defense may take a step back this season!
[ Edited by Shorteous on Sep 10, 2023 at 5:47 PM ]
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Coach Wilks, I apologize for thinking the defense may take a step back this season!

Looked great

health and depth will be the question.
Good game. I didn't notice a ton of blitzing either
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Not knowing all the gears of the Lambo is a good analogy. He called a pretty good game though and we did throw a shutout if the secondary didn't go take an early lunch.
[ Edited by bassmanr on Sep 10, 2023 at 6:18 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone