LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 168 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by JC_916:
What about Shanny calling a TO when he didn't likes Wilks play call? Was this true?

Yup and you can just tell with the look and saying whatever he said he disliked the call bad. I'm fine with Kyle moving off him if he personally thinks there's someone better
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
What about Shanny calling a TO when he didn't likes Wilks play call? Was this true?

Yup and you can just tell with the look and saying whatever he said he disliked the call bad. I'm fine with Kyle moving off him if he personally thinks there's someone better

This game was so close I think if we had Demeco we would have won. Is there another one out there, I doubt it.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
One thing about Vrable he had a good plan against Mahomes he was 3-3. Wilks IMO won't be back, (i am not calling for his firing or departure i just don't think Kyle brings him back.)
[ Edited by bud49 on Feb 13, 2024 at 9:46 AM ]
Originally posted by bassmanr:

This game was so close I think if we had Demeco we would have won. Is there another one out there, I doubt it.

BALOGNY - .. we aren't winning a Super Bowl because of KYLE... not as a HC, he just doesn't have the feel..
Originally posted by jcs:
But had no answers when it mattered the most

Almost no coordinator does when that situation with a HoF QB is present.

You think Sam Wyche was ready to blame his DC for SB 23 final drive.....he just knew...
Fire this clown. If we go into next year with wilkes we aren't gonna do s**t again
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by bassmanr:

BALOGNY - .. we aren't winning a Super Bowl because of KYLE... not as a HC, he just doesn't have the feel..

I should have had a caveat even Kyle might not have lost it for us lol.
There are always good coaches out there but the problem is they can be hard to find or convince to come to your team. I'm betting there are some good DCs in FBS football but most won't be considered because of where they are now. Sometimes you have to go outside the box to find new talent.
Originally posted by Heroism:

He gone

Originally posted by LundyLove:

He gone

Maybe? Does Kyle normally stay so vague? Usually he defense coaches?
Kyle's new scapegoat.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

He gone

Pretty sure I remember him being very staunch in his support of Saleh.
Dude's definitely gone.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

He gone

Pretty sure I remember him being very staunch in his support of Saleh.

hmmm. I am kinda ok with it, even tho i respect wilks the man, I cant trust his gameday planning etc. sounds to me like Kyle and John evaluate alternatives and see if they like anyone better.
Share 49ersWebzone