There are 175 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by 49ers9797:
Vrabel, Rex, or Belichick as DC please

First 2 would be awesome. Belichick isn't happening

Rex isn't coming out of that cushy studio job, but you'd see the craziest s**t (in a good way) with Rex. Vrabel would be here 1 year only.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by 49ers9797:
Vrabel, Rex, or Belichick as DC please

First 2 would be awesome. Belichick isn't happening

Rex isn't coming out of that cushy studio job, but you'd see the craziest s**t (in a good way) with Rex. Vrabel would be here 1 year only.

Tell him Shanny has sexy feet
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:
So if he's gone who's out there? I think the D underperformed most of the year.

How crazy it would be...

Maybe a long shot, but why not? Legendary coach takes a smaller position towards the end of his career. I hope the Niners find a way.
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:
So if he's gone who's out there? I think the D underperformed most of the year.

How crazy it would be...

Maybe a long shot, but why not? Legendary coach takes a smaller position towards the end of his career. I hope the Niners find a way.

The amount of time Kyle would spend picking Bills brain about defense is incalculable
I can't imagine Belichick wanting to come here and work under kyle. Rexhas a good job unless he misses coaching Vrabel maybe so he can l keep his name out there for the next HC opening.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I can't imagine Belichick wanting to come here and work under kyle. Rexhas a good job unless he misses coaching Vrabel maybe so he can l keep his name out there for the next HC opening.

Rex has made comments through the year that sounds like he wants to coach still.
Mike Vrabel is the most likely option if Wilks is fired we wanted him years ago but the Texans blocked 🚫 us
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/178613-shanahan-expects-steve-coaches-season/

Whether or not the weeks ahead bring any further fluctuation to the San Francisco 49ers' coaching staff remains to be seen, but as of Tuesday, head coach Kyle Shanahan carried the belief that his remaining coaches would be back with the team next season.

That includes defensive coordinator Steve Wilks, who had some ups-and-downs in his first season with the team and went through interviews in January for the then-vacant head coaching positions of the Los Angeles Chargers and Atlanta Falcons.

Forget Bill Belichick
Forget Mike Vrabel.
Hell we don't need Ryan.

Kyle says let's run it again because these same guys got us to the SB to lose.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Rex has made comments through the year that sounds like he wants to coach still.

The Cowboys interviewed him

Originally posted by DrEll:
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/178613-shanahan-expects-steve-coaches-season/

Whether or not the weeks ahead bring any further fluctuation to the San Francisco 49ers' coaching staff remains to be seen, but as of Tuesday, head coach Kyle Shanahan carried the belief that his remaining coaches would be back with the team next season.

That includes defensive coordinator Steve Wilks, who had some ups-and-downs in his first season with the team and went through interviews in January for the then-vacant head coaching positions of the Los Angeles Chargers and Atlanta Falcons.

Forget Bill Belichick
Forget Mike Vrabel.
Hell we don't need Ryan.

Wilks, while I was very angry with him early on, had a lot more good than bad. Our defense had plenty of good moments this year and was balling in the Super Bowl. A chunk of the year both DTs were out or playing injured, no Hufanga, and Ambry Thomas having to play most of the year at outside CB.

Every DC we've had since the beginning has done a lot better in their second year. I'd like to see what improvement Wilks can show, especially with some improved depth on defense.

The lining up at the sticks stuff is the only thing I really dislike, Saleh did this too, and I think sometimes he sends too many guys on third and long.

Forget Bill Belichick
Forget Mike Vrabel.
Hell we don't need Ryan.

Even if Kyle is thinking about bringing in a Belichick or Vrabel as DC there's no way he's dismissing Wilks until he has a guarantee his replacement guy is coming. He's not making a change until a plan is solidly in place, and he's certainly not telling the media.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

The Cowboys interviewed him

Rex is a s**t show. I can't see Kyle having anything to do with him.

I am surprised Ron Rivera hasn't come up around here with all the other crazy ideas we're seeing. He actually fits the mo of what we've been doing on defense under Kyle.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Rex is a s**t show. I can't see Kyle having anything to do with him.

I am surprised Ron Rivera hasn't come up around here with all the other crazy ideas we're seeing. He actually fits the mo of what we've been doing on defense under Kyle.
I think Rivera signed on another team
Share 49ersWebzone