There are 260 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by captveg:
My guess is that this was really more about not being the fit they wanted than it being about the Super Bowl.

Plus, they *have* to know that his replacement is locked up already whoever it is, right?

Scheme fit and cultural fit.

Scheme - regression in run defense. Did not meet expectations with a ton of pass rush weapons - existing (Bosa, Armstead, Jackson) and new (Young, Gregory, Hargrave). Made some boneheaded play calls that were obvious to Shanahan and the fans.

Culture - sitting in the box away from the players. Sideline interactions with players and coaches. Publicly calling out folks for poor performances. None of this is the 49er way.

I'm least surprise by this move.
Originally posted by NCommand:
They don't do things like this unless they already have something locked in.

Is Kyle going to fire Chris Foerster and Brian Schneider too?

Wilks actually had the best day of all 3. LOL

One day doesn't fix a whole season of issues.
Wouldn't be shocked to see Chris Harris or Vrabel. Both guys were dude's Kyle wanted. Sliver said Wink or Brandon Staley might be a thing.
Offense scored 19 points in a Dome in 4 quarters.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

We are all relieved
Originally posted by 4ML:

This just got me excited for next season. Bring in Vrabel resign Young to a prove it deal, sign Azeez to fill in for Dre, draft a run stopper and nickel corner and let's eat
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

This just got me excited for next season. Bring in Vrabel resign Young to a prove it deal, sign Azeez to fill in for Dre, draft a run stopper and nickel corner and let's eat

Yea replace him with Vrabel. That'll be awesome!

Now, who is getting blamed for scoring 19 points in a Dome?
Originally posted by captveg:

Foerster he hopefully sees as not having the talent he needs at OL.

Schneider could go, but he may not have a replacement upgrade available.

So many mental mistakes throughout the season with the offensive line someone needs to be held accountable.
It's not just about getting beat physically with less talent.
Wouldn't be shocked to see Chris Harris or Vrabel. Both guys were dude's Kyle wanted. Sliver said Wink or Brandon Staley might be a thing.

I used to want Staley but after seeing him struggle to optimize that Chargers D he can go be a flag football coach with that Somers chick that used to be here.

Bring in Belicheat!

Outside of being a horrific HC, he was a really good DC right?
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Feb 14, 2024 at 12:20 PM ]

I am not a Wilks fan but he called a good game. Didn't get any help from the Offense In the third Quarter. I think losing Dre and the constant 3 and out hurt. Didn't help that Bosa didn't show up in overtime except to be out of position on several big plays.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Yea replace him with Vrabel. That'll be awesome!

Now, who is getting blamed for scoring 19 points in a Dome?

Andy Reid only scored 19 and 7 coming from a special teams gaf. Guess the Chiefs fans should be more upset about the walrus

Rams D was good with Staley, Vrabel and Rivera are out there but not sure how they would fit our personnel
Share 49ersWebzone