There are 193 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by 951NINER:
Originally posted by NCommand:
They don't do things like this unless they already have something locked in.

Is Kyle going to fire Chris Foerster and Brian Schneider too?

Wilks actually had the best day of all 3. LOL

Exactly. Wilks is the scapegoat. Muffed punt, Luter touch, gave KC 7 easily. Aiyuk running wide open.

Dude was a goner if we won or lost the Super Bowl.

Winning fixes a lot and covers up a lot.
Originally posted by 4ML:

This just got me excited for next season. Bring in Vrabel resign Young to a prove it deal, sign Azeez to fill in for Dre, draft a run stopper and nickel corner and let's eat

Yea replace him with Vrabel. That'll be awesome!

Now, who is getting blamed for scoring 19 points in a Dome?

Andy Reid only scored 19 and 7 coming from a special teams gaf. Guess the Chiefs fans should be more upset about the walrus

Andy Reid didn't have 5 All-Pros on offense though.

Poor guy only had 4. 1 being the best QB of this generation maybe ever. But yeah valid point we have a FB making all pro
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/178666-49ers-defensive-coordinator-steve-wilks/

Originally posted by Leathaface:
3 pts to mahomes in first half. 19 in regulation with 7 coming off of a muffed punt. Loss is squarely on KS and the offense. Wilks is being scapegoated. I am not saying he should be back but let's not act like it wasn't the fault of the offense we lost.

offense gave the defense the lead in their final possessions of regulation and OT. the defense couldn't hold the lead. the game was lost by the defense.
[ Edited by boast on Feb 14, 2024 at 12:26 PM ]
Let's hire belichcik!
Originally posted by boast:
3 pts to mahomes in first half. 19 in regulation with 7 coming off of a muffed punt. Loss is squarely on KS and the offense. Wilks is being scapegoated. I am not saying he should be back but let's not act like it wasn't the fault of the offense we lost.

offense gave the defense the lead in their final possessions of regulation and OT. the defense couldn't hold the lead. the game was lost by the defense.

I think the SB was probably his best effort, but it was the entire season. Our defense regressed. Its one of those marriages that didnt work out.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Let's hire belichcik!

Mike Vrabel
Originally posted by captveg:

Exactly. Wilks is the scapegoat. Muffed punt, Luter touch, gave KC 7 easily. Aiyuk running wide open.

I think so too. The fit never seemed quite right, and there are better options out there.

Kyle seems to like DCs who feed the defense energy to feed off and Wilks was as charismatic as that chick from the vampire movies.
Gus Bradley, Mike Vrabel, BB, or Pete and ill call it a win and be excited for next season.
[ Edited by Fresno49er on Feb 14, 2024 at 12:28 PM ]
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by boast:

I think the SB was probably his best effort, but it was the entire season. Our defense regressed. Its one of those marriages that didnt work out.

Personality-wise, after Saleh and Ryans, Wilks didn't seem to gel with the players all that well, either. You just didn't get the passion from them when discussing him like they were used to.

Originally posted by captveg:

I think so too. The fit never seemed quite right, and there are better options out there.

Kyle seems to like DCs who feed the defense energy to feed off and Wilks was as charismatic as that chick from the vampire movies.
Originally posted by Fresno49er:
Gus Bradley, Mike Vrabel, BB, or Pete and ill call it a win and be excited for next season.

Watch it be Brandon Staley and the collective fan base lets out a loud sigh
I mean, if you kind of read between the lines what Kyle was saying when asked about his coaching staff yesterday seems like this was a probability. I wonder how close he came to getting fired midseason.
[ Edited by ninerjok on Feb 14, 2024 at 12:31 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Kyle's new scapegoat.

Share 49ersWebzone