There are 166 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Gotta remember this is not a 1 game thing even though it's easy to look as the breakdown of the defense in the 2nd half and OT.

This was a problem all year. (The blitz vs Minn., getting moved down from the booth to the sideline, etc.).
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
3 pts to mahomes in first half. 19 in regulation with 7 coming off of a muffed punt. Loss is squarely on KS and the offense. Wilks is being scapegoated. I am not saying he should be back but let's not act like it wasn't the fault of the offense we lost.

offense gave the defense the lead in their final possessions of regulation and OT. the defense couldn't hold the lead. the game was lost by the defense.

I think the SB was probably his best effort, but it was the entire season. Our defense regressed. Its one of those marriages that didnt work out.

Yeah, after the Superbowl, I figured Kyle would just build on it. He rarely fires people.
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 14, 2024 at 12:31 PM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:
Let's hire belichcik!

Let's not. He would be an awful fit in this organization, I could see Vrabel as an option though if he were interested.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Still looking for the consistent pass-rusher and edge-setter opposite Nick Bosa, and we need that guy to help us to get to the next level.

Chase might be that guy. As we saw in the SB if he has the right guy lighting a fire under his ass, he can ball. Wilks is not that guy…
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Kyle's new scapegoat.

Facts
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I mean, if you kind of read between the lines what Kyle was saying when asked about his coaching staff yesterday seems like this was a probability. I wonder how close he came to getting fired midseason.

I think after the call against Minnesota at the end of the first half it probably came *really* close. The compromise was moving to the field after the bye, which did seem to help, but the root problem of the pairing remained.

I think Hysterikal is right - even if they won the SB they would have let him go. Too many potential better matches out there.
Kyle's new scapegoat.

Fred Warner's scapegoat too?

lol.
Originally posted by goatroppolo:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
This just got me excited for next season. Bring in Vrabel resign Young to a prove it deal, sign Azeez to fill in for Dre, draft a run stopper and nickel corner and let's eat

Azeez actually makes a tun of sense

THIS - we should have never let him go!
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
3 pts to mahomes in first half. 19 in regulation with 7 coming off of a muffed punt. Loss is squarely on KS and the offense. Wilks is being scapegoated. I am not saying he should be back but let's not act like it wasn't the fault of the offense we lost.

offense gave the defense the lead in their final possessions of regulation and OT. the defense couldn't hold the lead. the game was lost by the defense.

I think the SB was probably his best effort, but it was the entire season. Our defense regressed. Its one of those marriages that didnt work out.

How this defense wasn't getting 3-4 sacks every game is astonishing to me
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I mean, if you kind of read between the lines what Kyle was saying when asked about his coaching staff yesterday seems like this was a probability. I wonder how close he came to getting fired midseason.

I think after the call against Minnesota at the end of the first half it probably came *really* close. The compromise was moving to the field after the bye, which did seem to help, but the root problem of the pairing remained.

I think Hysterikal is right - even if they won the SB they would have let him go. Too many potential better matches out there.

Again, this, they probably should have canned him then. Just a hard thing to do mid season.

So they REALLY had to wait and lose a superbowl before listening to us fans about firing this dude mid season.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Let's hire belichcik!

YES

sounds like Staley is a strong possibility

You can't keep giving the ball back Mahomes and not expect to get burned eventually.

The union of my two favorite coaches is inevitable.
Kyle must have something planned - I hope it's BB 😍
Share 49ersWebzone