There are 183 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Redandgoldsf:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
3 pts to mahomes in first half. 19 in regulation with 7 coming off of a muffed punt. Loss is squarely on KS and the offense. Wilks is being scapegoated. I am not saying he should be back but let's not act like it wasn't the fault of the offense we lost.

offense gave the defense the lead in their final possessions of regulation and OT. the defense couldn't hold the lead. the game was lost by the defense.

I think the SB was probably his best effort, but it was the entire season. Our defense regressed. Its one of those marriages that didnt work out.

How this defense wasn't getting 3-4 sacks every game is astonishing to me

My guess is player feedback directly to Kyle and John was a big part of it.
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Still looking for the consistent pass-rusher and edge-setter opposite Nick Bosa, and we need that guy to help us to get to the next level.

Chase might be that guy. As we saw in the SB if he has the right guy lighting a fire under his ass, he can ball. Wilks is not that guy…

Now imagine a demeco Ryans or Saleh in his ear all game
ST coach next
Originally posted by Heroism:

The union of my two favorite coaches is inevitable.

I called this a while back! They have a lot of respect and BB's son is now at Washington! So on the west coast

I will bump until it happens
When your D gives up 300 yards in the second half of the SB, you are going to lose your job.

Good move to make a change here, should have probably made the change mid season.

this would be the sickest duo of all time

Can happen in a consultant role. That's about it
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Fresno49er:
Gus Bradley, Mike Vrabel, BB, or Pete and ill call it a win and be excited for next season.

Watch it be Brandon Staley and the collective fan base lets out a loud sigh

Staley was obviously highly thought of as a DC with the Rams though right?
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/178666-49ers-defensive-coordinator-steve-wilks/

Thank GOD !

Call Belichick or Vrabel NOW !!!!!!

Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

Kyle starts playing lil Wayne at practice a Belichick goes and unplugs the speakers.
I really hope we go after Vrabel
[ Edited by braap49er on Feb 14, 2024 at 12:42 PM ]
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

Even the last few years, his defenses were good. Just horrific offense. If he can have our toys… my goodness. Pay him $25M a year. Idc but we NEED a dominant defense again
The defense didn't live up to its talent level all season. Honestly their was some embarrassing stuff this season. The Lions game, that was an embarrassment . Wilks couldn't disguise blitz's. They were just obvious in what coverage package they were doing all season. And no the defense wasn't the problem in the Superbowl but the defense at the end looked exactly how it looked the rest of the season. Soft coverage, failed obvious blitz's at he wrong time, and we got absolutely picked apart. It is a hard decision to make because we were in the Superbowl but it was the right decision because i believe we can find someone better.
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Kyle's new scapegoat.

Facts

The Teflon Don of the NFL. Never his fault. His decisions are always right. He should be held accountable for our repeated failures in big games. Chokes consistently then blames everyone else. Fans got kyled and now the DC got kyled.
Share 49ersWebzone