There are 171 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
Waited too late to get rid of him. Now we need to bring in someone after all the other teams have picked through the best people available. But good decision to cut loses now.

We were kind busy doing this thing called the playoffs and Super Bowl. 😂 (I'm busting balls). But seriously, when did you expect a change at DC would take place?
If he had left on his own would we have received a comp pick ?
Originally posted by 76Razor:
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
Waited too late to get rid of him. Now we need to bring in someone after all the other teams have picked through the best people available. But good decision to cut loses now.

We were kind busy doing this thing called the playoffs and Super Bowl. 😂 (I'm busting balls). But seriously, when did you expect a change at DC would take place?

When Wilks blitzed the Vikings before half time is my hindsight choice
Wow I was in work meetings and just saw this. Wow

Bosa speaks, Lynch listens.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Vrabel sucked ass as a coordinator, why is he a high commodity?

You mean the one season that he was a coordinator, in which he lost both his starting defensive ends one of whom was JJ Watt the defensive heart of the team, and starting DT to IR. Accurate description im sure.
I am old enough to remember how much this board b***hed about Wilks all season long.
It's depressing. I think an assistant promotion wouldve been a better fit and produced better results than this guy.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I am old enough to remember how much this board b***hed about Wilks all season long.

I remember a certain poster posting his defensive ranking and puffing out his chest that he was getting HC interviews as proof Wilks was great.

Mostly with good reason. Season long underperformance if you could look past pointz and yardz.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by braap49er:
Originally posted by thl408:
Next to be fired is Spencer Burford and Luter's ankle.

Ray Ray should go too.

for why... Luter touching the ball?

No he shouldn't. Luter touched the ball. Making it a live ball. At that point it was a catastrophe. Learn the rules. He was trying to save us.

Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Yeah, if it happened then, I would have been cool with that at the time.
Originally posted by mitpdub:
If he had left on his own would we have received a comp pick ?

No, no Comp Pick for Wilks. He needed to be with the 49ers for a minimum of 2 seasons.

I remember a certain poster posting his defensive ranking and puffing out his chest that he was getting HC interviews as proof Wilks was great.

Who did this?
Originally posted by lamontb:

Who did this?

No names but he will know who he is
Originally posted by 76Razor:

Yeah, if it happened then, I would have been cool with that at the time.

But if Ward makes that int then what are we saying? That one is more on poor player execution than coaching. He called the right play and had the player in position. Agreed he should've been fired though. .
Share 49ersWebzone