There are 187 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
So Lenoir started inside because of their speedy slot WR? No Oliver snaps today?
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Good game. I didn't notice a ton of blitzing either

I think this is a specific game plan against Kenny Pickett.

https://stillcurtain.com/2022/12/01/steeler-qb-kenny-pickett-eye-popping-numbers-vs-blitz/

"Kenny Pickett continues to thrive against the blitz: Pickett has a 71.7% completion rate against the blitz, which is the highest among all NFL quarterbacks."

i do think we will blitz more than we did with Ryans but I don't think he will blotz as much as he has in the past because this is the best DL he's ever had he may not need to

He didn't need to blitz. No reason to expose your defense to a big play by sending DBs in on the pass rush when you don't need to.

Agreed, as they gel he will certainly blitz occasionally with random guys because we can lol
Originally posted by NCommand:
So Lenoir started inside because of their speedy slot WR? No Oliver snaps today?

Hopefully it was just a scheme thing, bc he's getting paid pretty well to just sit on the bench.
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Coach Wilks, I apologize for thinking the defense may take a step back this season!

When you're #1 in the league the previous year,....I mean what other steps are there, though?

Not a good barometer for a 1st year coach. I just want great defense.
Originally posted by random49er:
Coach Wilks, I apologize for thinking the defense may take a step back this season!

When you're #1 in the league the previous year,....I mean what other steps are there, though?

My biggest concern coming out of preseason was run defense and they looked great yesterday. We'll see how the season progress but glad to see our defense looked like our defense. Also glad that the training camp reports of our offense doing well was because they are good and the defense wasnt regressing.
Originally posted by random49er:

My biggest concern coming out of preseason was run defense and they looked great yesterday. We'll see how the season progress but glad to see our defense looked like our defense. Also glad that the training camp reports of our offense doing well was because they are good and the defense wasnt regressing.

It's still early Tbh, and no doubt the 9ers defense will face off against better Qbs along the way, but so far, so good.

I also thought the run D was solid yesterday.

I'm expecting to see more of the same against the Rams In week 2.
  • thl408
I couldn't tell what the gameplan was when it came to Lenior in the slot with Ambry playing RCB. There were downs when that happened, and other downs where Isiah Oliver was slot with Lenior staying at RCB.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Hopefully it was just a scheme thing, bc he's getting paid pretty well to just sit on the bench.

I agree!
Originally posted by thl408:
I couldn't tell what the gameplan was when it came to Lenior in the slot with Ambry playing RCB. There were downs when that happened, and other downs where Isiah Oliver was slot with Lenior staying at RCB.

Yeah, I just saw his snaps counts too. 33 to Lenoir's 55. But Lenoir also played 14 ST snaps. Huh?
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
If this keeps up, he's as good as gone at the end of the year.
This guy and the D need to pull their heads out of their asses,

I'm not seeing much of a Steve Wilks defense. Don't fix whats not broken sense we had the #1 defense last year but we should let him dial up some blitz packages
I don't recall a s**ttier game plan. With the amount of talent this defense has this is inexcusable. I pin this on him.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
This guy and the D need to pull their heads out of their asses,

Correct.
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by 9moon:
... WAS this guy out for the game,.,,... or just got no idea on how to drive a Lambo ??

7 points..... did you even watch the game?

DID YOU ???

Did you even noticed how 7 got the INT ??

like Isiah Thomas told Pippen... " MENNN, GO TO THE PARK !! "

You really need to slow down with the drugs

START those drugs homie and take OFF your WILKS shirt !!
Hurry up
Share 49ersWebzone