There are 206 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by linkboy:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Coached a hell of a game in the super bowl and held Mahomes in check while the offense sputtered and gets canned.

Such is life in the NFL.

It's more for the entire season.

It never felt like Steve and Kyle were on the same page (see the Vikings game, booth situation and the timeout in OT as perfect examples.

• bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by NCommand:
They don't do things like this unless they already have something locked in.

Is Kyle going to fire Chris Foerster and Brian Schneider too?

Wilks actually had the best day of all 3. LOL

This was bigger than a game. Defensive line had a massive fall off. Run D fell off. Other metrics were high, but it was an embarrassment of talent. He got the best play ever out of Ambry Thomas, Lenoir grew tremendously, and Ward was 2nd team all pro. But as a whole, the D was met given what we had.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Outside of being a horrific HC, he was a really good DC right?

He only had 1 year of experience. But I'd definitely interview him.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by 4ML:

This just got me excited for next season. Bring in Vrabel resign Young to a prove it deal, sign Azeez to fill in for Dre, draft a run stopper and nickel corner and let's eat

Yea replace him with Vrabel. That'll be awesome!

Now, who is getting blamed for scoring 19 points in a Dome?

Andy Reid only scored 19 and 7 coming from a special teams gaf. Guess the Chiefs fans should be more upset about the walrus

Andy Reid didn't have 5 All-Pros on offense though.

Yeah he only had 4.

Mahommes is like having 3 automatic aces in every hand of poker. It almost doesn't even matter what else comes out.

Yep. I like Vrable in this instance I went the other day and looked at his record against common opponents and so forth. He was 3-3 against the chiefs and one of those were a playoff game with Mariota at the helm. And has a great record against NFC west teams. https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/mike-vrabel-record-vs-teams
Originally posted by picklejuice:
Maybe We were better off hiring fangio and even losing kocurek if we had to..

This makes no sense considering the reasons it didn't work out with Wilks.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
This is best for both parties there was a riff after that 3 game losing streak or should I say that cover 0 in the Vikings game that never got better. Next DC up!!
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Originally posted by picklejuice:
Maybe We were better off hiring fangio and even losing kocurek if we had to..

This makes no sense considering the reasons it didn't work out with Wilks.
After seeing the Defense in Miami, nope.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Coached a hell of a game in the super bowl and held Mahomes in check while the offense sputtered and gets canned.

Such is life in the NFL.

This move is about the entire season, not just what happened Sunday.
Sunday was the culmination.

This just got me excited for next season. Bring in Vrabel resign Young to a prove it deal, sign Azeez to fill in for Dre, draft a run stopper and nickel corner and let's eat

Andy Reid only scored 19 and 7 coming from a special teams gaf. Guess the Chiefs fans should be more upset about the walrus

Yeah he only had 4.

KC had 4 All-Pros on offense this season? Are you sure about that?

Yeah he only had 4.

Lol hysterical was saying the f* Chargers are more talented than us.
Interview Glenn Schumann

• JEP83
  • Veteran
I don't put any of this past allot of you homers.

The entire webzone all year has been calling for him to get fired not just after the Superbowl. STOP using the excuse he has a top tier defense. Havent we had that the last several years with other DC? Yes we have.

i don't care either way but so many of you wanted his head now are defending him.
Originally posted by JEP83:
I don't put any of this past allot of you homers.

The entire webzone all year has been calling for him to get fired not just after the Superbowl. STOP using the excuse he has a top tier defense. Havent we had that the last several years with other DC? Yes we have.

i don't care either way but so many of you wanted his head now are defending him.

Lol what? Who is defending him?

We can all say without a reasonable doubt that the majority of Niners fans wanted him gone the second that hotdog play won the Super Bowl. Maybe even 20 game minutes before that too. Or maybe 10 actual games before the Super Bowl.
Originally posted by Magic16:

What an asinine take.

I remember the Vikings/Bengals games before Wilks was moved to the sidelines. I remember calling cover zero at the end of the half against Minnesota and allowing a TD for no reason. I remember Cousins having the game of his career and the only reason they only scored 22 points was because of a missed field goal and three very fortunate red zone plays inside the 10. I remember Tony Romo during the Bengals game being able to predict literally every single play in embarrassingly hilarious fashion because our defense was so predictable pre-snap.

The narrative is so ridiculously defensive of Wilks right now. I'm not, because I actually remember what happened September-January, not just Sunday.
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:

Yeah he only had 4.

Lol hysterical was saying the f* Chargers are more talented than us.

No I didn't I said they have a lot of talent and didn't make the playoffs you f**king liar
They are chips in on winning the Superbowl now.

They can't have a guy learning on the job.
Share 49ersWebzone