There are 293 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
The Best Young Mind in the NFL at best !!! getting rid of our DC to take all eyes off of him !!

GO SHANNYYY !!! WE ALMOST WON AGAIN !!! WOOOOOOOOO !!!
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
What an asinine take.

I remember the Vikings/Bengals games before Wilks was moved to the sidelines. I remember calling cover zero at the end of the half against Minnesota and allowing a TD for no reason. I remember Cousins having the game of his career and the only reason they only scored 22 points was because of a missed field goal and three very fortunate red zone plays inside the 10. I remember Tony Romo during the Bengals game being able to predict literally every single play in embarrassingly hilarious fashion because our defense was so predictable pre-snap.

The narrative is so ridiculously defensive of Wilks right now. I'm not, because I actually remember what happened September-January, not just Sunday.

His scheme was basically my talent is better than yours so I won't let you beat us deep and you will mess up. Somehow that is spun into he's so great look at the numbers.

Talking about a defense with 6 pro bowl/all pro players and really only 1 or 2 weak links.
Meh. Scapegoat. I really don't care one way or another.. I'm forced to have endless patience with this team. So we'll wait and see if this pans out.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Mahommes is like having 3 automatic aces in every hand of poker. It almost doesn't even matter what else comes out.

KC offense anveraged under 22ppg all season. It wasn't anything special even with Mahomes.

Niners offense was averaging 29ppg.

Niners offense underperformed in the SB and to be fair - it was all that great in the first 2 rounds either. Kyle has to look at that side of the ball too and maybe bring someone in to run the offense with him.
Originally posted by 4ML:
KC offense anveraged under 22ppg all season. It wasn't anything special even with Mahomes.

Niners offense underperformed in the SB and to be fair - it was all that great in the first 2 rounds either. Kyle has to look at that side of the ball too and maybe bring someone in to run the offense with him.

Welll said. 👍
What an asinine take.

I remember the Vikings/Bengals games before Wilks was moved to the sidelines. I remember calling cover zero at the end of the half against Minnesota and allowing a TD for no reason. I remember Cousins having the game of his career and the only reason they only scored 22 points was because of a missed field goal and three very fortunate red zone plays inside the 10. I remember Tony Romo during the Bengals game being able to predict literally every single play in embarrassingly hilarious fashion because our defense was so predictable pre-snap.

The narrative is so ridiculously defensive of Wilks right now. I'm not, because I actually remember what happened September-January, not just Sunday.

Originally posted by Magic16:
What an asinine take.

somewhere along the line, Shanny's gonna gets singled out ...

how many 2nd place trophies he's got already?

Crocker leaving out a lot of details.

why keep a guy who couldn't connect with the team leaders Warner and Bosa? it was Warner who wanted Wilks move to the sideline.

If the Chiefs had Wilks instead of Spags do they win the SB?

Dude's high if he thinks this was actually a top 5 defense. Only if you focus on ppg and/or yards, which is greatly affected by opponent and our own offense.

Efficiency wise we were probably closer to middle of the pack. With absolutely top tier talent, though a couple holes.

• fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
What an asinine take.

His scheme was basically my talent is better than yours so I won't let you beat us deep and you will mess up. Somehow that is spun into he's so great look at the numbers.

Talking about a defense with 6 pro bowl/all pro players and really only 1 or 2 weak links.

First off he didn't have a scheme. This was Kyle scheme. I don't care who you hire. If they don't run the wide nine before they come in here they're not gonna do us any favors. I don't care if you hire Bill Belichick unless he runs the wide nine it's not gonna work. If I'm correct Bill Belichick runs the 34. We don't have the players to run a 34 so best believe Bill Belichick's gonna need a year to get it together also
I'm more than ok with Wilks being fired. A HC has to have trust in the DC - so if that's not there - nothing else matters after that.
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Mahommes is like having 3 automatic aces in every hand of poker. It almost doesn't even matter what else comes out.

KC defense had a lot to do with that, allowed three 100-yard receivers in 21 games; Josh, Palmer, Christain Kirk, and ZAy Flowers in the AFCC. That's it. The way to beat them was a complete run cenrtric approach. Why Mason wasn't involved just a little, I have no idea, waste of the number one seed. Aiyuk complaining, fact of that matter is he wasn't good enough to beat those guys. They shut down DIggs, JJ, Chase, Adams x 2, Allen, Hill x 2, AJ Brown. So yeah, 49ers weren't beating them thru the air.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Feb 14, 2024 at 3:49 PM ]
  • bud49
  • Veteran
What an asinine take.

Someone is coming strong here. Mans gone cover the team.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTB1974:
If the Chiefs had Wilks instead of Spags do they win the SB?

That's not the point, there is no coach in the NFL that would walk into a situation. Even with the number one defense and be expected to run a defense. They don't run and keep it the number one defense. Not one coach not Bill Belichick. So bottom line is if we hire somebody that doesn't run the wide nine Kyle again is being stupid. Because you have to give the coach a year just to get familiar
Share 49ersWebzone