There are 163 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Does he still have Head Coaching Aspirations, or can we finally be able to keep a DC for a few years?

He'll be under contract for two years at least. So its the same as Saleh and Demeco, Wilks 2 years as DC then off to being a HC somewhere. Same with Anthony Lynn, he's up next, then Kyle has to find another Assistant HC in the offseason.

With Mike McDaniel going 3-0, one of (i think) only 3 unbeaten coaches in the NFL right now, Anthony looks (for now) like a lock at being the next Kyle assistant to get a HC job.

I see chargers and bears HC position opening up maybe raiders. I dont htink Anthony Lynn gets hired this cycle

I've seen playoff level coaches get fired (Seifert and Mooch as examples) so even if you are not a bottom feeding team, the ownership might just decide to off you and get new coaching because they are tired of not getting to the big dance. Point is, you never know, and as a GM - Lynch and the front office have to be prepared for Anthony Lynn to be poached. His two years is up with the 49ers, and I do hope he stays with us, but given that Kyle's staff was raided when he was a 6-10 coach, it's a darn good chance Anthony is on his last year with us.

I"m just amazed at how good Mike McDaniel is doing with the Dolphins. They became really impressive underneath his tenure. If that holds up, and with Anthony being another Kyle Shanahan offensive coach -- he'll be a **VERY** wanted man.

Wilks looks like he's getting the hang of the defensive personnel. I'm a big fan of his five man front tweak to the Wide 9.

Nice post…as for McDaniel, he makes one wonder just who was the genius and who was the student… Mike or Kyle. Watching the MIA O in that 70 point "nothingburger", there was some mighty slick playcalling there and it was a joy to watch it. Was McDaniel that good when he was here or was he just a great student who became an improviser, and is doing a whale of a job in MIA. My goodness, Kyle now has what 4 asst coaches now HCs in the league? Or is it more? Saleh, McDaniel, McVay, and HC Texans. Kyle has an eye for coaching talent and is obviously a terrific teacher. IDK if LeFleur and his buddy count as part of Kyle's tree or not, but ….signing Kyle and John was the key to climbing out of the doldrums and getting back to 80s and 90s football.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Does he still have Head Coaching Aspirations, or can we finally be able to keep a DC for a few years?

He'll be under contract for two years at least. So its the same as Saleh and Demeco, Wilks 2 years as DC then off to being a HC somewhere. Same with Anthony Lynn, he's up next, then Kyle has to find another Assistant HC in the offseason.

With Mike McDaniel going 3-0, one of (i think) only 3 unbeaten coaches in the NFL right now, Anthony looks (for now) like a lock at being the next Kyle assistant to get a HC job.

I see chargers and bears HC position opening up maybe raiders. I dont htink Anthony Lynn gets hired this cycle

I've seen playoff level coaches get fired (Seifert and Mooch as examples) so even if you are not a bottom feeding team, the ownership might just decide to off you and get new coaching because they are tired of not getting to the big dance. Point is, you never know, and as a GM - Lynch and the front office have to be prepared for Anthony Lynn to be poached. His two years is up with the 49ers, and I do hope he stays with us, but given that Kyle's staff was raided when he was a 6-10 coach, it's a darn good chance Anthony is on his last year with us.

I"m just amazed at how good Mike McDaniel is doing with the Dolphins. They became really impressive underneath his tenure. If that holds up, and with Anthony being another Kyle Shanahan offensive coach -- he'll be a **VERY** wanted man.

Wilks looks like he's getting the hang of the defensive personnel. I'm a big fan of his five man front tweak to the Wide 9.

Nice post…as for McDaniel, he makes one wonder just who was the genius and who was the student… Mike or Kyle. Watching the MIA O in that 70 point "nothingburger", there was some mighty slick playcalling there and it was a joy to watch it. Was McDaniel that good when he was here or was he just a great student who became an improviser, and is doing a whale of a job in MIA. My goodness, Kyle now has what 4 asst coaches now HCs in the league? Or is it more? Saleh, McDaniel, McVay, and HC Texans. Kyle has an eye for coaching talent and is obviously a terrific teacher. IDK if LeFleur and his buddy count as part of Kyle's tree or not, but ….signing Kyle and John was the key to climbing out of the doldrums and getting back to 80s and 90s football.

Are you serious about the who was the genius question? Because if you are there's a Dolphins game from last December you might want to watch.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
This dude needs to give up the headset with 2 minutes left in the half or game.
Originally posted by Furlow:
This dude needs to give up the headset with 2 minutes left in the half or game.

I saw him walkin down the locker room under 2 minutes..
Can't blame him for Adams getting toasted twice. We need a better corner.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

Coverage instruction to his DBs:
Originally posted by InfernoDaLuz:

Lol.

But seriously use that cap space and a high pick to get Hunter or a quality corner.

We must need better DL too because they can't get to any QBs.

Wilks sucks. Pretty much same players on D as last season. Really only thing that has changed is the DC. Thomas and Lenoir were fine last season. Even Ward sucks now. Everything is due to Wilks. He sucks and he's always sucked. He's never ever had a good defense.
Still issues with mobile qb's. I hope they settle in soon as you can also see there's some communication issues.

Originally posted by ninersrule4:

Wilks sucks. Pretty much same players on D as last season. Really only thing that has changed is the DC. Thomas and Lenoir were fine last season. Even Ward sucks now. Everything is due to Wilks. He sucks and he's always sucked. He's never ever had a good defense.

Didn't Carolina's D rank top 10 in 2017 ?
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

Didn't Carolina's D rank top 10 in 2017 ?

Didn't the 49ers rank #1 in both Offense and Defense back in 1987 when the Vikings UPSET us in the playoffs?

WHY does that matter ?

Guy sucks. How does he look on points per minute they actually have to defend? The offense controls the clock most of th game. Supposedly we have like top 5 defense talent but if you average out any stats points per minute bet we score middle or worse...
[ Edited by BoldRedandGold on Oct 1, 2023 at 4:34 PM ]
Originally posted by InfernoDaLuz:

Lol.

But seriously use that cap space and a high pick to get Hunter or a quality corner.

go for the rush. hunter. Hey whats going on with verrett?
Share 49ersWebzone