There are 247 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
He basically said I won't let them beat us on big plays, but I'll give you multiple 8-10 play long td drives.

AINT that Jim Moran Jr style of D?

I totally hate the style of D. I would rather he attack attack attack and give up the big play once in a while.
lot of people are complaining when we haven't even given up 21 points to an NFL team yet a quarter through the season
[ Edited by ritz126 on Oct 1, 2023 at 7:17 PM ]
Originally posted by saj4423:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
He basically said I won't let them beat us on big plays, but I'll give you multiple 8-10 play long td drives.

AINT that Jim Moran Jr style of D?

I totally hate the style of D. I would rather he attack attack attack and give up the big play once in a while.

It does get frustrating
Originally posted by ChuckLeavy32:
It does get frustrating

thats the style you play when you have a lead that forces them to burn the clock and play perfectly at the same time.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
He allowed the first 99 yard TD drive given up since 2002. That should tell you all you need to know about how good he is...

Originally posted by ritz126:
lot of people are complaining when we haven't even given up 21 points to an NFL team yet a quarter through the season

Steelers - Rams - NY Giant - Cards

.. you're right, we BEST not had given up 21 on those 4 LOST teams..

The point is, are you impress w/our D at the moment?

We look SOFT n OVERRATED in my opinion..

Those big boys from the EAST will run all over us if WILKS' does not get it together..

29 n 31 has not been very involved and being MIS-USED..

Those big boys from the EAST will run all over us if WILKS' does not get it together..

from the mind that we should fire shanahan and trade deebo

edit:

We are a top 3 defense when it comes to yards/play allowed and points/game. Stop comleining to complain and just because we allowed 1 singular TD drive this game and 1 singular TD drive last game lets calm down on the overrated talk

I'm sure they will go back to allowing less than 1 TD/game and people will find something else to complain about
[ Edited by ritz126 on Oct 1, 2023 at 7:26 PM ]
Originally posted by ChuckLeavy32:
It does get frustrating

thats the style you play when you have a lead that forces them to burn the clock and play perfectly at the same time.

Def makes sense.

from the mind that we should fire shanahan and trade deebo

WHAT Shanny done?

.. and yes, we can get a lot if we trade 19, did we miss him today??
For people complaining after this game i think we are going to rank first in TD allowed/game

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
If the WZ got their way we'd probably go through 3-4 DC's per season.

Saleh and Ryans both had people calling for their heads early as well.

I mean overall our scheme seems very blah. We're depending on our front 4 to get home and teams are getting rid of the ball quickly.

For sure. If it were week 15 I'd be feeling a little nervous leading into the playoffs. As it is though, way too early to be talking about firing when previous DC's also had early teething issues.
WHAT Shanny done?

By that logic we should trade Aiyuk as we didn't need him vs Giants but that doesn't fit your narrative.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
If you allow a 99 yard drive to an offense full of no namers, you are NOT a powerhouse D. The unit has definitely regressed from last year with pretty much the same starting personnel minus Ward. That is a reflection of our defensive coordinator
WHAT Shanny done?

Not lose to Northwestern
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
For sure. If it were week 15 I'd be feeling a little nervous leading into the playoffs. As it is though, way too early to be talking about firing when previous DC's also had early teething issues.

im very confused why people are feeling nervous

we have allowed the least offensive TD in NFL and top 2 in yards allowed/play
[ Edited by ritz126 on Oct 1, 2023 at 7:32 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone