49ers bounce back from consecutive losses with decisive 30-13 win over Patriots →

There are 252 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
I'm not stoked about the defensive scheme, but I think it will get better with time. Wilks has been with the team for 4 games and I think its gonna take a minute to Gel.
Originally posted by KiwiM3:
Originally posted by 9moon:
WHAT Shanny done?

.. and yes, we can get a lot if we trade 19, did we miss him today??

By that logic we should trade Aiyuk as we didn't need him vs Giants but that doesn't fit your narrative.

NO we should not trade YUCK unless he asks for 30M a year.. . he's our BEST receiver hands down... 19 a gadget, and a very very good one.. but we have CMC now and he can do what 19 can (some may even better)...

again, did we miss 19 today?
NO we should not trade YUCK unless he asks for 30M a year.. . he's our BEST receiver hands down... 19 a gadget, and a very very good one.. but we have CMC now and he can do what 19 can (some may even better)...

did we miss 11 on thursday?

it doesn't work like that you cant have it one way and not the other
Originally posted by ritz126:

did we miss 11 on thursday?

it doesn't work like that you cant have it one way and not the other

CORRECT.. and that proves you that WRs, they come and go... teams win w/o them.. GO ASK KC !!

You are assuming Aiyuk and CMC stay completely healthy which is insanely risky.

Just last game Aiyuk wasn't healthy and Deebo was enormous and had a huge game.

It makes no sense to trade Deebo away.

There's room for all 3 on the offense.
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
For sure. If it were week 15 I'd be feeling a little nervous leading into the playoffs. As it is though, way too early to be talking about firing when previous DC's also had early teething issues.

im very confused why people are feeling nervous

we have allowed the least offensive TD in NFL and top 2 in yards allowed/play

Scrub teams hanging around the entire first half when the game should already be over. Even today it was 16-21 going into the fourth with purdy literally playing a perfect game.

Purdy has played exceptionally well and most of these games are still games all the way until the fourth quarter.

Imagine when he throws a pick or god forbid two picks and has a bad game.

Or look at how shanny can't stop using mcaffrey because games are still games all the way until the fourth.

Running QBs that can make explosive plays are going to be trouble. The fact that we can't seem to manifest sacks spells trouble... we haven't even played anyone good yet.
Originally posted by KiwiM3:

You are assuming Aiyuk and CMC stay completely healthy which is insanely risky.

Just last game Aiyuk wasn't healthy and Deebo was enormous and had a huge game.

It makes no sense to trade Deebo away.

There's room for all 3 on the offense.

I never said thare is NO room... all I said is...

IF using 19 as a DECOY gives us this type of win, THEN WHY NOT..

any thing wrong w/that?
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Scrub teams hanging around the entire first half when the game should already be over. Even today it was 16-21 going into the fourth with purdy literally playing a perfect game.

Purdy has played exceptionally well and most of these games are still games all the way until the fourth quarter.

Imagine when he throws a pick or god forbid two picks and has a bad game.

Or look at how shanny can't stop using mcaffrey because games are still games all the way until the fourth.

Running QBs that can make explosive plays are going to be trouble. The fact that we can't seem to manifest sacks spells trouble... we haven't even played anyone good yet.

you are assuming we play the same type of defense when the circumstances are different. doesn't work like that

the fact is our D has been very good. And I guess by your logic there are no elite D in the NFL

edit: and to this point I mean have we even played a single second where we were behind yet? because if not were the only team
[ Edited by ritz126 on Oct 1, 2023 at 7:44 PM ]
I never said thare is NO room... all I said is...

IF using 19 as a DECOY gives us this type of win, THEN WHY NOT..

any thing wrong w/that?

And I'm telling why not.

Deebo is a proven playoff performer. A win against Cardinals in October is no reason to trade away Deebo.

There are some heavyweights on our regular season schedule starting with next week - we are going to need all the firepower we can get.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
Does he succ?

Originally posted by A-R-S:
Does he succ?

NO... he GOOD !!
I think thats 4 weeks in a row now where the defense has given up points with less than 2 mins to play to end the 1st half? Definitely a big issue that needs to be addressed.
Very vanilla defense today

idk if we even ran 5 man fronts today

maybe saving it for next week
lot of people are complaining when we haven't even given up 21 points to an NFL team yet a quarter through the season

We haven't played a top tier playoff offense yet so there is that
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by A-R-S:
Does he succ?

He wasn't my first choice but the way he first talked about his defense like it was gonna be an attacking one. I expected a lot more than what he's shown in the last three games. He's gotta make some changes and adjustments.
Share 49ersWebzone