There are 222 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
we are giving up 14.5 ppg which is best of KS era

Also the Rams & Cardinals are far better than anyone predicted. We are in a very competitive division.

the cardinals are going to be good in a few years they are very well coached every game is competitive despite maybe the worst roster in NFL (talent wise)
CB opposite of Ward is a huge question mark. Hopefully Darell Luter Jr can step up and fill the void when healthy.

What are the chances we draft a CB in the 1st or 2nd round in the draft?
Originally posted by iLLEST209ER:
CB opposite of Ward is a huge question mark. Hopefully Darell Luter Jr can step up and fill the void when healthy.

Bring that this brain trust has never done it in 7 drafts? Pretty low.

Expecting Luter to start as a small school rook is a big ask. They need to go outside the org at the deadline.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Oct 2, 2023 at 7:16 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Expecting Luter to start as a small school rook is a big ask. They need to go outside the org at the deadline.

They haven't, but its really hard to justify not going tackle/corner or corner/tackle. The only acceptable alternative would be guard and center over corner, but I'd argue corner is the bigger need.

IF Surtain's on the trading block, I say we put a package and get him here.. this will complete our D.. Sean's gonna get desparate and will try to build Denver and we can offer them a 2nd and a 3rd..
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9moon:

IF Surtain's on the trading block, I say we put a package and get him here.. this will complete our D.. Sean's gonna get desparate and will try to build Denver and we can offer them a 2nd and a 3rd..

No way they move him for less than a 1st. No way.

High performer on rookie contract.
A large part of "the problem" is that opposing offenses are scheming to get the ball out as soon as possible. They know the DL is great, so they simply give up on any longer developing plays that lead to sacks. Niners defense is winning the battle before the games even start because teams are refusing to have pass plays that keeps the ball in the QB's hands for more than 2 seconds. A team forcing itself to dink and dunk isn't as sexy, but it certainly eats a ton of the clock and makes it harder for them to score as much as they need to if our offense continues to run as well as it has been.

He's not. It's all made up crap. Teams don't trade away cost controlled studs.
Originally posted by Crown:

Why take a late first and another pick for a guy who's already a top player? What does that gain you?

Why take a late first and another pick for a guy who's already a top player? What does that gain you?

It's the NFL fan version of taking the mystery box. Sure, you have the new sports car already, but that mystery box could be *anything*, so trade that sports car in for those future hopes and dreams (which is probably a microwave).

[ Edited by captveg on Oct 2, 2023 at 9:45 PM ]

• thl408
Originally posted by jonnydel:

It's not playing poorly imo but we have to admit they've played three lackluster offenses in PIT NYG and ARI.
  • All22
  • Veteran

He's worth more than a first to us. I'd give up Trey Lance-level compensation to get another #1 corner and a RT
Originally posted by thl408:

It's not playing poorly imo but we have to admit they've played three lackluster offenses in PIT NYG and ARI.

I think ARI's offense is suffering from low expectation. Dobbs hasn't thrown a pick through 4 games. Only he, Purdy and C.J. Stroud can say that.

They put up 28 points on Dallas that demolished the Giants and the Pats. Their rushing was ranked 7th, I think, coming in.
  • thl408
Originally posted by thl408:

I think ARI's offense is suffering from low expectation. Dobbs hasn't thrown a pick through 4 games. Only he, Purdy and C.J. Stroud can say that.

They put up 28 points on Dallas that demolished the Giants and the Pats. Their rushing was ranked 7th, I think, coming in.

Fair enough. Then they've played two crappy offenses.
Share 49ersWebzone