There are 166 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Wilks shut us all up.

not me I'll keep talking about how he's great

Ive flip flopped..I thought people were too hard and I was sympathetic about him having to play Ambry Thomas, but also was saying DeMeco did more with lesser talent. Well Wilks put on all all-time great performance tonight.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Wilks shut us all up.

not me I'll keep talking about how he's great

Ive flip flopped..I thought people were too hard and I was sympathetic about him having to play Ambry Thomas, but also was saying DeMeco did more with lesser talent. Well Wilks put on all all-time great performance tonight.

TRUE IDENTITY has yet to be seen.... AWESOME job today!!! but Dallas was never the team every media made them to be after the Giants game.. IF only I can send a text to Micah and tell him that his team may not be as good as the CARDS that the DID NOT stoop down to their level..
Best game yet. Keep improving, my man!!!!
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
So......do we still want this guy fired?

I hope no one went that far. But it is the WZ.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Future comp pick coach for the 49ers. Gonna hate to see him go to another team after his tenure here.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Future comp pick coach for the 49ers. Gonna hate to see him go to another team after his tenure here.

I love this continuing theme.
All 49ers fans across the world that have been foolishly bashing Steve Wilks and stupidly calling for him to be fired after 4 games are doing this after his defense dominated the Cowboys.

[ Edited by Ark49er on Oct 8, 2023 at 10:45 PM ]
My biggest concern was if he wasn't going to adjust or be flexible. There's still work to be done; and I like Demeco's style more. But Wilks has continued to adapt and improve. And that's the key.

Excited to see how he continues to evolve as the season goes on and, man, Gregory is such a steal for all reward no risk. Bought him dollar store isle to see what he can do this year and if he's worth having around.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
If we can keep Dallas under 14 pts I'll be impressed.

Be impressed

lol, I was thinking about coming to post about this when watching the game. Yes, I'm very impressed in how our defense came to play tonight. The whole game I felt the defense put their name on this game. Not just for a few drives or quarters, but the whole game I felt their presence. Felt like we were ready for everything they were going to throw at us. Gave me a lot of confidence. Great Job Wilks! If he can keep this up the rest of the year, the SKY is the legit the limit.
Originally posted by SLCNiner:

Lets hope he leaves here with a ring though.

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by SLCNiner:

Lets hope he leaves here with a ring though.

He may not get a HC offer right away. The league may wait o see how Saleh and Ryans fare. Saleh hasn't turned the Jets into a SB contender yet and Ryan's only has this season. In the meantime the Niner D hasn't shown any dropoff since Saleh left.

Maybe it's the player and not the DCs.
the webzone is stupid at times

the fact there was even a conversation is this guy good when we were already allowing one of the lowest YPA and fewest points coming into this game shows how stupid fans can be
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
My biggest concern was if he wasn't going to adjust or be flexible. There's still work to be done; and I like Demeco's style more. But Wilks has continued to adapt and improve. And that's the key.

Excited to see how he continues to evolve as the season goes on and, man, Gregory is such a steal for all reward no risk. Bought him dollar store isle to see what he can do this year and if he's worth having around.

have you been taking naps in the 2nd half of games? We have allowed an NFL league low of 4 points per game in 2nd half LOL
[ Edited by ritz126 on Oct 9, 2023 at 6:41 AM ]
  • thl408
Wilks is calling much more man coverage than Saleh/Ryans ever did. The 49ers truly are unpredictable on defense now. Ryans/Saleh would sprinkle in man coverage, but it was clear they were zone dominant. Wilks will call anything, and it seems like at any time.
That was a grown man's coaching job last night. Had the D absolutely locked in and ready. Hat off to Mr. Wilks
Share 49ersWebzone