There are 217 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • thl408
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by SLCNiner:

Not a lot of sacks but leading the league in INT. Either way, splash play.

True but sacks and int's are apples and oranges. I enjoy both though. It always seems like the team that leads the year in int's one year ends up being near the bottom the following years. Team needs to ramp up the sacks and tfl's. Bosa constantly stayed int eh back field making run stops but not so much this year. They need to create more negative plays forcing teams to have to run deeper routes which could give guys time to get home. As far as the ints go Fred and Gipson have been everywhere. I really don't know how Brown beats out Gipson

Yah'll think that the 84 Miami Offense, or the Bills K-Gun will be remembered MORE compare to the teams that raise the Lambordi Offense??

while numbers and rankings are fine and dandy, the only one that counts should be THE 6TH !!

What does your post have to do with the posts that preceded it? So random.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by SLCNiner:

Not a lot of sacks but leading the league in INT. Either way, splash play.

True but sacks and int's are apples and oranges. I enjoy both though. It always seems like the team that leads the year in int's one year ends up being near the bottom the following years. Team needs to ramp up the sacks and tfl's. Bosa constantly stayed int eh back field making run stops but not so much this year. They need to create more negative plays forcing teams to have to run deeper routes which could give guys time to get home. As far as the ints go Fred and Gipson have been everywhere. I really don't know how Brown beats out Gipson

Despite the lack of sacks, I feel that the team is leading the league in ints partially due to the pressures they're getting on opposing QBs. So when the pressure is coming, the QB rushes the throw to avoid the sack and ends up throwing the pick. Pressures are there, sacks will come.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
this grinds my gears, here and in the GD thread, which is gameday thread

allow me to check the ranks

ppg allowed - 1st (seems good)
yds allowed - 3rd (not bad)
we apparently lead the NFL in INTs (leading in the good way)

okay now you can resume your complaining, I just don't get why this thread is the complaint department, if someone can perhaps enlighten

I think 85 Bears level dominance was expected.

it's gameday, I can already imagine the Wilks takes coming fast and furious, let's see what you guys got
This dude is lighting up the nfl. All pros at every level… somehow worse than last year
Defense looks like absolute s**t.
Wilkes is an old a$& piece of cr¥%.

he is too old to understand modern play calling

he's only surviving off of our superior defensive talent.

it's a crime that the weak link on defense is the DC
Might want to think about defending the screen
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Might want to think about defending the screen

He cant because he runs man and thinks it's a flex..but it's not it's because he doesn't understand complex zone concepts cuz he's playing 1980's defense…
old as balls wilks

hs out lbs covering top speed wideouts
[ Edited by 9er_84 on Oct 23, 2023 at 6:00 PM ]
Feel like the pass rush should be infinitely better this year . Not sure what is going on

Complete garbage. Send a blitz on a down where a sack and anything less than a 25 yard gain produce the same results.

naw, don't need that other safety
Originally posted by InfernoDaLuz:

Jesus f**king Christ this is so on point.
This guy needs to go. HE has taken an excellent defense and made them underachievers.

Originally posted by Rocket4989:

Omfg this made me cheer up.
Share 49ersWebzone