There are 193 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Went from young, amped up coaches that got everyone fired up to an old curmudgeon sitting up in a booth and has only had a single year of calling Top 10 defense.

There's 2015-2016 level defensive lapses happening. Teams confidently marching it 80+ yards repeatedly and lightning this defense up with mediocre players.

this defense is just out position and tipping the coverage over and over and over....

Last year it took offense to make post snap reads more often...now it looks look like QBs know pre snap where they are going with the ball...and the defense is getting stretched out position over and over and over again...
I just don't get how you blitz and play off coverage behind it
Written about Wilks after he was fired from the Cards.

But a defense that still had Chandler Jones, Patrick Peterson, Budda Baker and others rarely played up to its talent level. It finished last in the league against the run, collapsed every time the opponent threw a punch – see 45 straight points by the Chargers, the 40-14 loss to the Falcons, etc. – and by the end of the season couldn't tackle a running back if his feet were in quicksand.

We got us a good one alright!
Ite ite ite
Where is the defense on this team? Wow.
i miss demeco and saleh. smart…fiery…on the field not the box…players coaches….humble
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Where is the defense on this team? Wow.

some one is going to think about posting about over reactions.....but I think it is darn fair to expect less 70-80 yard scoring drives on the collection of talent the 49ers defense has.

Defense has to get off the field.....

All the pressure is on Purdy now...miss a scoring drive and it can lead to a loss...
Originally posted by Dshearn:
some one is going to think about posting about over reactions.....but I think it is darn fair to expect less 70-80 yard scoring drives on the collection of talent the 49ers defense has.

All the pressure is on Purdy now...miss a scoring drive and it can lead to a loss...

Week after week. Even at their worst under Saleh and Ryans you weren't seeing teams constantly pushing it down the field like this and converting 3rd and forever over and over again like its nothing.
Was hoping for more. Kept saying to myself that there was going to be a period of adjustment with the new DC. Still could be.

But gotta say, very disappointed. So much Talent. DL Coach K gets the most out of everybody, but the last couple of games have been, at best, a disappointment.

Not Impressed.
Officially concerned

Man Wilks needs to be FIRED tonite...he wants to keep calling blitz and keep getting beat that`s insane ...he called a bad game in Cleveland...NO SUPERBOWL THIS YEAR....and Philly is laughing at us tonite that is going to be a slaughter when we go play them in philly especially with Wilks calling the D
Originally posted by Dshearn:

Week after week. Even at their worst under Saleh and Ryans you weren't seeing teams constantly pushing it down the field like this and converting 3rd and forever over and over again like its nothing.

Wilks he is stuck on stupid, grows some damn balls Kyle and fire this guy
No one yet?

FIRE HIM!
7 games in and this guy looks like a dud. The defense is lost and lost that aggressive edge imo.
What a joke
Share 49ersWebzone