There are 129 users in the forums

Coach - Steve Wilks thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We gave up 452 yards.

They got pros, including a pretty darn good QB,
22 points should be a win with CMC, BP, Kittle, BA, Shanny, etc.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Wilks lol
what an epic crap hire
22 Pts, 7 pts from a stupid play from Ward so really 15 pts. Gave the Offense two chances to win as well. Wilks definitely has his problems, but at the same time gave Purdy two chances to win the game.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

They got beat by mostly scrubs. There's no excuse for it. There's no excuse for supposedly being a top defense and yet the other team doesn't punt until the mid 4th quarter.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Defense looks more hesitant than aggressive, looks up front are vanilla, blitzes are telegraphed, gaping holes all across the middle of the field. Individual players aren't stepping up but nothing about Wilks's playcalling has impressed.

It's bizarre . Was hoping it was just growing pains, but this looks awful
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
22 Pts, 7 pts from a stupid play from Ward so really 15 pts. Gave the Offense two chances to win as well. Wilks definitely has his problems, but at the same time gave Purdy two chances to win the game.

Lets be honest, they stopped themselves with a missed FG and a dropped pass on 3rd down, the defense did absolutely nothing.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
How many yards has the defense given up the last two games? 800?
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Vanilla defense

Lets be honest, they stopped themselves with a missed FG and a dropped pass on 3rd down, the defense did absolutely nothing.

I'd say thats true. Can even add the missed tds.
Dude can't make adjustments for the life of him.

Originally posted by CO9er4life:
Does Bosa not know how to run stunts? Just straight forward every play

The guy calling the plays has always been more obsessed with the back end, to the detriment of everything else but the back end also sucks so....

I get that, that why I posted it here. But, I'm not sure I've seen Bosa run a stunt.
The game has passed this guy.

Our D looks old, slow and unimaginative.

Our blitzes aren't working and we blitz at the worst moments.

Addison and Hockenson were wide open on every passing down.

Not a single 3 and out in the entire game.

Our Super Bowl window has been smashed because Shanahan thought that this guy was good.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

They got beat by mostly scrubs. There's no excuse for it. There's no excuse for supposedly being a top defense and yet the other team doesn't punt until the mid 4th quarter.

This. Is he problem number 1? The long drives against Arizona, the Browns game, and now this. No the defense isn't elite at every position but teams are doing more with less.
Of course baby balls Shanahan and loser lynch won't fire this dude..
[ Edited by onetrackt on Oct 23, 2023 at 8:29 PM ]

Almost same players from last year...even upgraded tbh.

I try to be fair, but this guy really sucks so far. They are lost and soft. The defensive line is so slow. The db play off when they shouldn't. And play tight when they shouldn't while also feeling up the damn guys on national tv. They are totally out of sync.

Every third and long a guy was wide freaking open.
Share 49ersWebzone