There are 216 users in the forums

DB Isaiah Oliver

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
This dude got me worried

hoping Womack can step in

I never understood why they moved Womack outside. I like him inside. Keeps Oliver on his toes and makes him earn it. Who's he really competing with?

I think or hope at least it was just to get him cross trained. Oliver was horrific in the game and I don't recall him doing well in joint practices either.

IMO Womack and Jamison have a real shot to win that job based on what we saw Sunday.

Would suck to lose 3 million guaranteed but if he's trash you'd cut him and take the better player every time who gives you a better chance to win.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 14, 2023 at 5:22 PM ]
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
That TD he gave up is a tough cover. The outside CB did him no favors as well. Not many slots in the NFL would have shut down that play IMO

808 I'm gonna need you to be more irrational and overreact like the rest of us… thanks.

Receivers were four for four against him Doe
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
That TD he gave up is a tough cover. The outside CB did him no favors as well. Not many slots in the NFL would have shut down that play IMO

808 I'm gonna need you to be more irrational and overreact like the rest of us… thanks.

4/4 34 yards, 23 yards YAC with a 2.8 ADoT.
Originally posted by YACBros85:

Those were his numbers? Yeah that's not bad at all imo
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Those were his numbers? Yeah that's not bad at all imo

He gave up a TD as well.

I mean he didn't have his best game, sure. But you guys do realize that position typically gives up more catches than outside corners right? They don't have the sidelines to help defend. What is key for that position is tackling abilities in run support and getting their slot wr/te down for minimal gains

I mean he didn't have his best game, sure. But you guys do realize that position typically gives up more catches than outside corners right? They don't have the sidelines to help defend. What is key for that position is tackling abilities in run support and getting their slot wr/te down for minimal gains

I simply provided stats. I never stated whether I thought it was bad or not. I remember Jimmie Ward giving up a catch on like his first 20 targets playing the slot last season. This was a pre season game where the raiders were running the ball straight down our throats and every pass was a playaction.
If this is what Wilks wanted us to sign - then God help the D this season.
dude will be fine. it's pre season fellas. starters aren't playing hard

I always believe Womack is better fit at nickel than outside corner. I don't know why he is now only competing on the outside.
Originally posted by boast:

Wow, Wilks indicating that Ambry and Womack have a shot to start outside with Demo and Jamison or Parker potentially taking the slot. Very interesting.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 15, 2023 at 2:15 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Wow, Wilks indicating that Ambry and Womack have a shot to start outside with Demo and Jamison or Parker potentially taking the slot. Very interesting.

That's awesome that it's a competition.

Still way too much positivity coming from you... it's not allowed in here.

Still way too much positivity coming from you... it's not allowed in here.

Go play with your shake weight to decompress
Share 49ersWebzone