There are 212 users in the forums

DB Isaiah Oliver

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by boast:

OK, that's kind of how I had my lineup too. Thanks for this!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
This dude got me worried

hoping Womack can step in

I never understood why they moved Womack outside. I like him inside. Keeps Oliver on his toes and makes him earn it. Who's he really competing with?

I think or hope at least it was just to get him cross trained. Oliver was horrific in the game and I don't recall him doing well in joint practices either.

IMO Womack and Jamison have a real shot to win that job based on what we saw Sunday.

Would suck to lose 3 million guaranteed but if he's trash you'd cut him and take the better player every time who gives you a better chance to win.

I wouldn't worry too much about Oliver though. He had a 78 PFF grade and one of the best years as a slot CB. He's coming into his own. But I like that they aren't just giving it to him.
Surprising to hear from Kyle that Oliver played in that game because he is not guaranteed a starting role. And if that is truly the case, He might be on the bubble after that game. As far as starting that is. I think he is a lock to make the team. Interestingly I think they had Ambry play nickel vs the Raiders.
Lighting a fire under his ass after a lazy game.
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:

Agreed, but I agree with others, he isn't being cut, only saves $240K, that's off the top of my head.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Agreed, but I agree with others, he isn't being cut, only saves $240K, that's off the top of my head.

Some guys I see with a legit chance to be cut

Gonzalez-save $1.7m
Woerner-save $1M
Odum-save $1.9M and or Hartsfield-save $1M

I'm sure there's a couple others
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Gonzalez-save $1.7m
Woerner-save $1M

Agree with everyone but Odum, he was 2nd team All Pro ST'er last year, doubt they cut him.

This

Gonzalez-save $1.7m
Woerner-save $1M

Agree with everyone but Odum, he was 2nd team All Pro ST'er last year, doubt they cut him.

With special teams meaning less and less, I'm not sure this matters as much as it used to.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Gonzalez-save $1.7m
Woerner-save $1M

With special teams meaning less and less, I'm not sure this matters as much as it used to.

Coverage does given they still love to drop it on the 1 and try and pin them back further than the 25.

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

This

This this. He's done great.

Gonzalez-save $1.7m
Woerner-save $1M

ya already forgetting 2 years ago i see the very reason why we went out and got him
Originally posted by ritz126:

Gonzalez-save $1.7m
Woerner-save $1M

ya already forgetting 2 years ago i see the very reason why we went out and got him

Yeah ST's is still a big thing, until they basically outlaw it, you need ST Studs like Odum, Burks, etc....
If he will suck and gave up the yards? i will watch the 49ers vs Chargers this friday night.. let me see..
Share 49ersWebzone