49ers rookie Ricky Pearsall will make NFL debut vs. Chiefs →

There are 166 users in the forums

Cameron Latu-TE-3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop 49ers game tickets
apparently he joined alabama as a DE? so the niners think he's getting better as a TE. i've got my doubts.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
apparently he joined alabama as a DE? so the niners think he's getting better as a TE. i've got my doubts.

he joined and had to learn TE you know who Bama can get to play TE, literally anyone they want in the country, this guy rose to the top of the depth chart at a new position thru grit and sheer force of will

keep doubting buddy
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

he joined and had to learn TE you know who Bama can get to play TE, literally anyone they want in the country, this guy rose to the top of the depth chart at a new position thru grit and sheer force of will

keep doubting buddy

that's awesome and good for him, i just don't think he looks very good on tape. hope i'm wrong!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

keep doubting buddy

that's awesome and good for him, i just don't think he looks very good on tape. hope i'm wrong!

I"m looking forward to those two tight end sets, with CMC in the backfield!

He was a pretty good TE at Alabama.
Why are people acting like he didn't block? He was a pretty damn good blocker.
I can't fathom how a Polynesian man his size could only put up 14 reps of 225. That is less than weak AF
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
i was hoping we would move up and take Washington. Thought with our running style he would be extremely good in our system. Not to mention a redzone threat, oh well. Had we gotten him though, we would have won the draft.

I like him, but you want us to draft someone with injury concerns?
The most intriguing pick for me.

I dont think the FO is thinking about a Kittle replacement just yet, but this is the highest I believe we picked a TE since we drafted Kittle.

I think he's scratching the surface as a TE and looking forward to his rookie year.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
This off-season has sucked so far. Team got worse.

Hargrave will impact this team more than a 3rd round rookie. Don't get me wrong this draft has been absolute torture but we will be fine.

Philly got significantly better this off-season

So losing your all pro DT, your staring safeties and 2 of your starting LBs is getting significantly better?

Add in losing their starting rb in Sanders and Guard too.

we have to keep in mind that this is the only college tight end that was invited to George Kittle's tight end University. I'm sure he had some input on him and why we drafted him. I trust Kittle a little more than some fans that may have some doubts. We will see
[ Edited by elguapo on May 3, 2023 at 1:06 PM ]

Bama TEs are super overrated... their last two so called TEs were supposed to be very good... and both played way better than Latu..

I wish this kid to turn out to be great, but I just don't agree that he's a 3rd rounder good..

If we wanted a TE, we shoulda used two of our 3rd rounders to move up in the 2nd and drafted the ND kid..
You have to be damn good to play for Alabama.
Scot McCloughan loved the pick and would have taken him even higher, for what it's worth.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
The most intriguing pick for me.

I dont think the FO is thinking about a Kittle replacement just yet, but this is the highest I believe we picked a TE since we drafted Kittle.

I think he's scratching the surface as a TE and looking forward to his rookie year.

Agree.
Another great pick. Good depth for a position that's a need.
Of course fans will be crying about it, but it doesn't matter.
Great pick as always
Share 49ersWebzone