49ers rookie Ricky Pearsall will make NFL debut vs. Chiefs →

There are 174 users in the forums

Cameron Latu-TE-3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by elguapo:
Add in losing their starting rb in Sanders and Guard too.

we have to keep in mind that this is the only college tight end that was invited to George Kittle's tight end University. I'm sure he had some input on him and why we drafted him. I trust Kittle a little more than some fans that may have some doubts. We will see

Excellent call!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KiwiM3:
Scot McCloughan loved the pick and would have taken him even higher, for what it's worth.

Scott compared him to Tony Gonzales.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
You have to be damn good to play for Alabama.

correct, but that's in college.. .. their last two TEs were better than Latu here, but look how they turned out in the NFL..

I just think that 3rd round was too high for him since Skittles still in his prime..
Originally posted by Giedi:
Scot McCloughan loved the pick and would have taken him even higher, for what it's worth.

He had a 2nd rd grade on him. He said that he runs routes similar to Gonzales and said he bets Latu was a former baller (which he was). He sure as s**t isn't as athletic as Tony was.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He had a 2nd rd grade on him. He said that he runs routes similar to Gonzales and said he bets Latu was a former baller (which he was). He sure as s**t isn't as athletic as Tony was.

SCOTT's dumb... Latu's reps must've slip some cash in his kid's bank account for him to say this..
As much as I find this pick unimpressive and low-ceiling, the guy's hands and ability to find a soft spot in the zone are two pluses that can help. I just dislike low ceiling and his weak blocking. Maybe they feel like Dwelley is more of a receiver whereas Latu is more of a receiving TE on his routes ?

he reminds me of jordan reed
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

he reminds me of jordan reed

I'd be complaining lesser had he been a 5th rounder.. wont argue w/that one.. ..

I'll ride with ol Scotty on this one then. I have my doubts and wouldn't have took Latu there, nor agree that he was a 2nd round, let alone 3rd round TE prospect. But I always had respect for his talent evaluation so LETS GO!
Originally posted by 9moon:
SCOTT's dumb... Latu's reps must've slip some cash in his kid's bank account for him to say this..

I've only watched a couple highlights on him because we had him coming in for a visit. I got no real clue on him….just off those clips and what I've read, I will respectively disagree with Scotty lol

Originally posted by 9moon:

I've only watched a couple highlights on him because we had him coming in for a visit. I got no real clue on him….just off those clips and what I've read, I will respectively disagree with Scotty lol

I saw a lot of Alabama games and he wasn't all that.. of corz, because they're Alabama players, it's an automatic a " grade higher " than what it should be... just like the Pete Carroll's USC players.. too much credit was being thrown around..

again, I saw enough to say he's not worth a 3rd... but, lets hope he can prove his doubters wrong..
Originally posted by 49ers808:

I'll ride with ol Scotty on this one then. I have my doubts and wouldn't have took Latu there, nor agree that he was a 2nd round, let alone 3rd round TE prospect. But I always had respect for his talent evaluation so LETS GO!

just imagine a year or two in the weight room and learning to play the position from 85
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

just imagine a year or two in the weight room and learning to play the position from 85

I lol'd at weight room. I still can't get over that 14 reps on the bench He should've just skipped that one with a phantom injury

I lol'd at weight room. I still can't get over that 14 reps on the bench He should've just skipped that one with a phantom injury

lol that's why I snuck that comment in there
he'll be good, my man

Has almost five years in the weight room and learning from 85 for as long, helped Dwelley progress much?
Share 49ersWebzone