LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 218 users in the forums

Cameron Latu-TE-3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Dont know what Latu will become but I think he should exceed Woerner/Dwelley and what Kroft contributed by year 2. Big disappointment if he doesn't.

Agree with this. It's hard not to exceed what they did, what did they do again?
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Dont know what Latu will become but I think he should exceed Woerner/Dwelley and what Kroft contributed by year 2. Big disappointment if he doesn't.

Drop everything and get the QB killed.
Originally posted by NCommand:

I'd ust like 20 - 30 catches and some good blocking. He does that in year 1 or 2 and its a great pick.
Originally posted by NCommand:

I'd ust like 20 - 30 catches and some good blocking. He does that in year 1 or 2 and its a great pick.

Yeah, I'm hearing really good things about him. Willis seems farther along as a receiver ATM but once the pads come on, expect Latu to take off. I'm excited for both. They both seem to have that Kittle and Jennings mentality. Punish everyone!
I hoping he can be as good a blocker as Kittle so we can send kittle out on passing routes.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Furlow:

I have 0 expectations for any TE not named Kittle

so any TE that emerges will be a nice added element to the team, but I won't hold my breath

and

I have a good feeling about this kid. Initially I hated the pick and was pissed but I've come to my senses and love my fellow Polynesian, yes I'm a homer for Polynesians in the league
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

and

I have a good feeling about this kid. Initially I hated the pick and was pissed but I've come to my senses and love my fellow Polynesian, yes I'm a homer for Polynesians in the league

I'm not Polynesian but I love the culture and spiritual approach to life. I have a good feeling about him as well. I posted that tweet mostly to highlight the "more explosive than advertised." The hands will come along if he's committed and works at it. Jerry Rice had TERRIBLE "dropsies" his rookie year, he turned out okay. Lol.

and

I'm not Polynesian but I love the culture and spiritual approach to life. I have a good feeling about him as well. I posted that tweet mostly to highlight the "more explosive than advertised." The hands will come along if he's committed and works at it. Jerry Rice had TERRIBLE "dropsies" his rookie year, he turned out okay. Lol.

and

i agree explosiveness at the TE position is huge its so rare to have that and most of them turn out to be good to great TE.

He can work on his hands later but for now he can be the short throw guy who can also take it 10-15+ YAC. He would be hard to guard 1 on 1 if he is athletic as a Kittle
Here's a clip from my interview with Jesse Sapolu and what he saw from Cameron Latu at training camp:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Here's a clip from my interview with Jesse Sapolu and what he saw from Cameron Latu at training camp:

Didn't really say much other than he has potential to be a quality blocker and route runner. His biggest issue in camp has been dropping balls. Reports have said he's looked explosive and is getting open, but he apparently has been the worst of all offensive players handswise. Disappointing, but not the end of the world.

You can work on your hands and they can do technical things to adjust as well. If that's his only issue, and he can fix it, then the ceiling is quite high. Brayden Willis, the more I watched him, the more I felt like he looked like an even higher upside guy at the position. He is a nasty blocker and a really polished receiver. He doesn't have the same size to perhaps move almost anyone off the ball like Jesse thinks Latu could, but I think both these guys have a chance to develop into "the guy" down the road.

I'd love to have Kittle be here his whole career. It all depends on how healthy he can stay as he gets older in the coming years.

Damn nice Jonny on getting Jesse Sapolu on the show

Killing it jonny!!!
Share 49ersWebzone