LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 214 users in the forums

Cameron Latu-TE-3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Didn't really say much other than he has potential to be a quality blocker and route runner. His biggest issue in camp has been dropping balls. Reports have said he's looked explosive and is getting open, but he apparently has been the worst of all offensive players handswise. Disappointing, but not the end of the world.

You can work on your hands and they can do technical things to adjust as well. If that's his only issue, and he can fix it, then the ceiling is quite high. Brayden Willis, the more I watched him, the more I felt like he looked like an even higher upside guy at the position. He is a nasty blocker and a really polished receiver. He doesn't have the same size to perhaps move almost anyone off the ball like Jesse thinks Latu could, but I think both these guys have a chance to develop into "the guy" down the road.

I'd love to have Kittle be here his whole career. It all depends on how healthy he can stay as he gets older in the coming years.

Reminds me of Vace McDonald
Bust.
  • thl408
https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/49ers-singletary-vernon-davis-diss-track-17688750.php
"Singletary made a rap song. He came in, after he kicked Vernon out of the game, went and did the press conference. 'Can't play with him, won't play with him, can't win with him' — did all of that — then the next day he came in, he was like, 'Man, I was sitting at the house and this song came to me and I just had to write it.' And we were like, 'What are you talking about?' 'Yeah, I made this rap song, it may correlate to some of y'all.'

"And then he was like, 'Boom boom, all about me. Boom boom, all about me. On Sundays if I don't get the rock I'm mad.' Just a whole rap song about Vernon. I'm just sitting there in the seat like, 'Oh my god, this man just took our whole meeting to do a rap song.' Yeah, he did the whole rap song for the whole team meeting. Then, we broke up."
-------------------------------
Kyle and Lil Wayne should collaborate on a Latu diss track.
Originally posted by thl408:
https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/49ers-singletary-vernon-davis-diss-track-17688750.php
"Singletary made a rap song. He came in, after he kicked Vernon out of the game, went and did the press conference. 'Can't play with him, won't play with him, can't win with him' — did all of that — then the next day he came in, he was like, 'Man, I was sitting at the house and this song came to me and I just had to write it.' And we were like, 'What are you talking about?' 'Yeah, I made this rap song, it may correlate to some of y'all.'

"And then he was like, 'Boom boom, all about me. Boom boom, all about me. On Sundays if I don't get the rock I'm mad.' Just a whole rap song about Vernon. I'm just sitting there in the seat like, 'Oh my god, this man just took our whole meeting to do a rap song.' Yeah, he did the whole rap song for the whole team meeting. Then, we broke up."
-------------------------------
Kyle and Lil Wayne should collaborate on a Latu diss track.

Boom boom, I can't catch for bleep. On Sundays, I don't play cuz I can't catch for bleep. Bang bang, backup gang.

and so forth..
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Here's a clip from my interview with Jesse Sapolu and what he saw from Cameron Latu at training camp:

Didn't really say much other than he has potential to be a quality blocker and route runner. His biggest issue in camp has been dropping balls. Reports have said he's looked explosive and is getting open, but he apparently has been the worst of all offensive players handswise. Disappointing, but not the end of the world.

You can work on your hands and they can do technical things to adjust as well. If that's his only issue, and he can fix it, then the ceiling is quite high. Brayden Willis, the more I watched him, the more I felt like he looked like an even higher upside guy at the position. He is a nasty blocker and a really polished receiver. He doesn't have the same size to perhaps move almost anyone off the ball like Jesse thinks Latu could, but I think both these guys have a chance to develop into "the guy" down the road.

I'd love to have Kittle be here his whole career. It all depends on how healthy he can stay as he gets older in the coming years.

Latu will get the hands figured out. He's a natural hands catcher and was a major RZ target at Alabama. Kittle dealt with dropsies early after being stellar in college.
Originally posted by genus49:
Here's a clip from my interview with Jesse Sapolu and what he saw from Cameron Latu at training camp:

Killing it jonny!!!

Latu will get the hands figured out. He's a natural hands catcher and was a major RZ target at Alabama. Kittle dealt with dropsies early after being stellar in college.

Yup, I think it's much ado, about a single day of prax
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Yup, I think it's much ado, about a single day of prax

I don't know about "a single day". The reports seem pretty consistent to me. Granted it is just his rookie camp, so we're not talking about a huge pool of data.

This might force them to keep 4 TEs rather than risk cutting him.
Who knows - He wouldn't be the first TE to be converted into an Oline guy???

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Dude did like 12 reps in the bench press. That's weak AF for someone his size
Originally posted by 49ers808:

give him a year in the NFL weight room just watch he'll come out looking like VD
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 49ers808:

give him a year in the NFL weight room just watch he'll come out looking like VD

A guy who played for Saben in Alabama, there has to be something very good about his play that JL/KS saw.
You guys are too harsh on the rookie. Aiyuk cock block Brock's highlights with his drops too. Let him have his mistakes in camp practices. That's how they learn.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 12, 2023 at 1:32 PM ]
A guy who played for Saben in Alabama, there has to be something very good about his play that JL/KS saw.

If he is a bust (as much as a third rounder can be a bust) they're not picking an Alabama player again

Also not sure why there are some Vance McDonald comparisons - I guess the practice dropsies remind people of Vance's drops during games ? They play nothing alike at all. Vance was a solid slot receiver who took a while to learn how to be an inline blocker and who couldnt really translate his receiving skills from college to the NFL. Latu is a conventional tight end who is a worse prospect than Vance receiving-wise since he has a very limited ceiling.
Share 49ersWebzone