LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 118 users in the forums

Cameron Latu-TE-3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop 49ers game tickets
Happy he caught a couple of big passes this game. Go Latu.
Still feel his best chance at success is as an eventual replacement for Juice as a movable backfield chess piece. Assuming he gets better at consistently catching.
Originally posted by mcwoot:
Still feel his best chance at success is as an eventual replacement for Juice as a movable backfield chess piece. Assuming he gets better at consistently catching.

Juice can catch the ball outstretched like Superman. Let's see Latu consistently catch nfl passes and pick up his blocking. I think his best chance initially is ST then rotating in as TEs get dinged up. Also he needs to beat out Willis who has had the better camp.
He needed this.
Originally posted by TopDogBerkeley:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Paul Hofer predicts that Latu will be fine.

The real Paul Hofer or the one pretending to be Paul Hofer?

The real one.
Originally posted by NCommand:
This is super concerning that suddenly this dude can't catch. Psychologically weak. He's the kind of guy who's going go drop a ball in a critical moment of the game.

Meh. Not super concerning at all. If anyone knows Latu personally and has expressed such, let me apologize in advance,....but I'd imagine that no one here knows where Latu is at right now psychologically.

meh #2. Juice has a lower COG that allows him to step into multiple roles.

How many 6'4", 250 lb fullbacks do we really come across in the NFL? Happens once in awhile, but not too often.
[ Edited by random49er on Aug 20, 2023 at 7:06 AM ]
Fixing concentration drops is easier than fixing size or other talent. I think he'll be okay, unless he just has bad hand-eye coordination.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Fixing concentration drops is easier than fixing size or other talent. I think he'll be okay, unless he just has bad hand-eye coordination.

He doesn't. He was a reliable hands catcher at Alabama. His brain is probably spinning trying to learn this offense and it's causing him to play too fast. He'll be fine as he gets comfortable. I keep repeating that you have to be open to drop the ball, and he's been getting open, so he just needs to clean up the rest of his game. Some of our fans forget that Kittle also dealt with drops in the past.

I feel like Willis is more that guy than Latu.

Originally posted by kansasninerfan:

I feel like Willis is more that guy than Latu.

AGREE... had Willis been drafted ahead of Latu from whatever round, I'm sure the WZ will already be calling for Latu's head. .
Originally posted by Nastastical:

He doesn't. He was a reliable hands catcher at Alabama. His brain is probably spinning trying to learn this offense and it's causing him to play too fast. He'll be fine as he gets comfortable. I keep repeating that you have to be open to drop the ball, and he's been getting open, so he just needs to clean up the rest of his game. Some of our fans forget that Kittle also dealt with drops in the past.

True true. Happy to see him have a nice rebound game.

This year or long term? I think he can be a solid number 2, but it just won't be in year 1. The first benchmark is just to be better than what we've had and I think that is very doable this year or next. By next year or year 3, I hope to see a guy that is the number 2 we've been looking for.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Aug 20, 2023 at 1:14 PM ]
Great rebound game. the guy get open for sure he is very athletic. Needs to work on those damn hands
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Nastastical:

True true. Happy to see him have a nice rebound game.

Ditto

He needed that game and I hope he's turned a corner on the dropsies.
Share 49ersWebzone