LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 250 users in the forums

Cameron Latu-TE-3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop 49ers game tickets
Haven't been impressed with him so far, losing him doesn't hurt us IMO.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
I think this draft will go down as the worst for this regime. Which shouldn't be surprising bc of the picks that we had this year.

You can't be serious. I can think of a worse one. Not that this one is great. But there was without a shadow of a doubt a worse one

Let it go, he's gone. That draft also got us, Lenoir (starting CB) Huf all pro S, Mitchell, Banks (starting G)
Let it go, he's gone. That draft also got us, Lenoir (starting CB) Huf all pro S, Mitchell, Banks (starting G)

Lenoir only starting cause of lack of options IMO
Huf voted all pro because of splash highlight plays. Us fans know better.
Banks and Mitchell adequate.

That's a lot of draft capital given up for that.

Where as Moody and Brown will both be starters. I see Bell being our #3 after this year.

IMO those 3 will equal Banks, Huf and Mitchell while giving up far less capital. Remember it took Banks, Huf a year to consistent playing time too.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Welcome Jalen Hurd 2.0!

Lol how

How? Talented player fans were excited about who can't even make it to week 1 d/t health.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Welcome Jalen Hurd 2.0!

Hes definitely one of us!

He's a true 9er now!
Welcome Jalen Hurd 2.0!

Lol how

How? Talented player fans were excited about who can't even make it to week 1 d/t health.

Hurd was injury prone and had health issues before he even he stepped foot on our field. Latu doesn't have his medical history. Players are going to get hurt, that doesn't mean they are all Hurd 2.0 lol
Yeah, Idk if anyone was/is excited about Latu lol.

On another note, in case I missed it, has the regime ever said what it was in Latu that excited them? Like, WHY we drafted that guy that high?
Originally posted by raywm3:

On another note, in case I missed it, has the regime ever said what it was in Latu that excited them? Like, WHY we drafted that guy that high?

I think they said how he really came on towards the end of the Bama season and they project that he will grow and grow more into the position since he was only playing the position for a short time.

But this is my biggest issue with our drafting process. We disregard general consensus and do our own thing. Now clearly we've done a good job overall but my issue is for the most part the hits are later in the drafts where assistant coaches and scouts lobby for certain players where the HC/GM tend to make the big and early decisions at the more premium picks.

Latu was way over drafted and it makes no sense to take a project so easy cuz you're forced to keep them on the 53 for the most part to see them develop.

People do say Latu moves very well and has great route running but if he can't get his hands in check…it won't help too much.
so what is the final word on this dude, is he going to help us this year?
Welcome Jalen Hurd 2.0!

Lol how

lol Latu doesn't compare to the talent and hype Hurd had in camp. I still remember seeing a poll about who was going to lead 49ers in receiving yards in 2019 after that first preseason game and Hurd had like 60% of the votes.

I think even one of the national guys wrote a story that camp how the guy that was the standout was Hurd.

His injury brought all that hype to a close. Latu has been getting hammered in practice write ups for drops and looking raw as hell. But hopefully his injury won't turn into a Hurd situation.

I think he goes on IR & is redshirted this year
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by raywm3:

I think they said how he really came on towards the end of the Bama season and they project that he will grow and grow more into the position since he was only playing the position for a short time.

But this is my biggest issue with our drafting process. We disregard general consensus and do our own thing. Now clearly we've done a good job overall but my issue is for the most part the hits are later in the drafts where assistant coaches and scouts lobby for certain players where the HC/GM tend to make the big and early decisions at the more premium picks.

Latu was way over drafted and it makes no sense to take a project so easy cuz you're forced to keep them on the 53 for the most part to see them develop.

People do say Latu moves very well and has great route running but if he can't get his hands in check…it won't help too much.

Couldn't agree more. Obviously, they get a pass because of the overall roster they've put together but sometimes it feels like they are VERY cavalier with the high draft picks. Like they're playing with house money and it doesn't matter if they hit or miss. The sheer amount of reaches from this regime. Like, okay you like this guy but you probably could've gotten him 2-3 rounds later, so why don't you take a more consensus guy instead of watching our opponents get stronger.
Welcome Jalen Hurd 2.0!

Lol how

Hurd was injury prone and had health issues before he even he stepped foot on our field. Latu doesn't have his medical history. Players are going to get hurt, that doesn't mean they are all Hurd 2.0 lol

Do you even 4-9? Haha.

This dude is done.
Originally posted by genus49:
Welcome Jalen Hurd 2.0!

Lol how

lol Latu doesn't compare to the talent and hype Hurd had in camp. I still remember seeing a poll about who was going to lead 49ers in receiving yards in 2019 after that first preseason game and Hurd had like 60% of the votes.

I think even one of the national guys wrote a story that camp how the guy that was the standout was Hurd.

His injury brought all that hype to a close. Latu has been getting hammered in practice write ups for drops and looking raw as hell. But hopefully his injury won't turn into a Hurd situation.

Yeah, that was Peter King. He thought Hurd was the best player on the field.
Originally posted by tohara3:
I think he goes on IR & is redshirted this year

Have we had any red shirt success stories?
Share 49ersWebzone