LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 225 users in the forums

Cameron Latu-TE-3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop 49ers game tickets
Haven't heard much lately about his recovery process. Same with Beal Jr.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

THERE was NEVER a plan to have Beal playing this year ..
Originally posted by 9moon:

THEN why didn't they put him on IR before the FINAL cuts instead of carrying him on the initial 53 to put him on IR DTR?
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by 9moon:

THEN why didn't they put him on IR before the FINAL cuts instead of carrying him on the initial 53 to put him on IR DTR?

it's the ANNUAL DULL DECISION.. and yes, it makes all of us here wonder..
Not being ready to play this year was a disappointment, but hopefully we can see something next year. It would be year 8 for Kittle, so getting someone that can decrease that blocking load will be great. He already has good size coming out of college.
Woerner gone, no TE drafted.

This guy must be ready to go?
  • thl408
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Based off the team signing the DET TE to an offer sheet, I'd say they aren't too confident in this guy. Just me reading into why that offer sheet was signed.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Eric Saubert, Brayden Willis and I bet they add more.
Originally posted by thl408:

Based off the team signing the DET TE to an offer sheet, I'd say they aren't too confident in this guy. Just me reading into why that offer sheet was signed.

True

So you think it still needs to be addressed?
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Eric Saubert, Brayden Willis and I bet they add more.

there's always Ross Dwelley.

• thl408

True

So you think it still needs to be addressed?

It is very obvious Kyle wants to have an effective multi-TE personnel group. He double dipped in the 2023 draft then signed that offer sheet that did not pan out (DET matched). I'd say it's still a problem but maybe Latu surprises?
It is very obvious Kyle wants to have an effective multi-TE personnel group. He double dipped in the 2023 draft then signed that offer sheet that did not pan out (DET matched). I'd say it's still a problem but maybe Latu surprises?

Still think Kyle is planning for life after Juice and his role in the offense might be replaced by a H-back type TE rather than a true FB
After the draft KS was asked about whether Cam Latu is the starter going into camp and whether it is an Aaron Banks type situation.

KS said no.

Cam has not been around the facility at all apparently.

Not a good start to his career and a long shot for TE development let alone TE2 roster spot

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/amp/kyle_shanahan_gives_obvious_signal_san_francisco_49ers_2023_draft_pick_is_in_his_doghouse/s1_17313_40294736
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
After the draft KS was asked about whether Cam Latu is the starter going into camp and whether it is an Aaron Banks type situation.

KS said no.

Not a good start to his career and a long shot for TE development let alone TE2 roster spot

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/amp/kyle_shanahan_gives_obvious_signal_san_francisco_49ers_2023_draft_pick_is_in_his_doghouse/s1_17313_40294736

Why would anyone ask if Latu was going to be the starter going into camp?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:

KS said no.

Damn.

A huge red flag for me was when he was on Detroit's sideline comforting his friend and the game barely ended. That's just moronic, he should've been there celebrating with his team. IMO
Share 49ersWebzone