There are 245 users in the forums

Cameron Latu-TE-3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop 49ers game tickets
I'm optimistic about him but not exactly confident. I really hope he comes in strong and shows great development.
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Concerned about the TE group?
Arena League to the rescue.

This year's draft class TE was shallow and weak.
But a little bit concerned about depth.

Thankfully with all the wrs on the roster we won't really need a receiving TE that much, if Kittle is to miss games.

Latu - anything non-negative from him is already a step up, meaning I don't think his stock could be any lower.
With a deep WR room why not move Jennings to TE? He does everything a TE does already and has the size.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
With a deep WR room why not move Jennings to TE? He does everything a TE does already and has the size.

I doubt he'd be onboard for that.

I have almost zero hope for this kid, certainly nowhere near Kittle's ability.

That's not how that works

Jennings is 212lbs. Latu is 244lbs. When defenses see #15 enter the game, they'll send out extra DBs, not extra LBs.
Latu has a lot of work to do to erase his horrible training camp last year. He has the physical tools, but he needs to get his head on straight if he's going to make this team.
With the Raiders drafting Brock Bowers, John Lynch should call them to see if Michael Mayer is available and what they are asking.
Originally posted by tankle104:
I'm optimistic about him but not exactly confident. I really hope he comes in strong and shows great development.

This kid was massively overdrafted. I saw nothing special at all with him to be a late 3rd rd pick. When you're taking someone that high, it's to be a starter not hopefully compete with Charlie Worner or Dwelley

Hopefully he's ready to roll this off season and show everyone why he belongs on this roster
[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 2, 2024 at 9:01 AM ]
With the Raiders drafting Brock Bowers, John Lynch should call them to see if Michael Mayer is available and what they are asking.

Why not?

Good call.

Maybe they'll take Danny Grey.
[ Edited by LasVegasWally on May 2, 2024 at 11:13 AM ]

That's a damn good idea. I'd even call the Ravens and inquire about Likely
Originally posted by 49ers808:

That's a damn good idea. I'd even call the Ravens and inquire about Likely

Or, if the Ravens say take a hike on Likely, how about their other TE, Charlie Kolar? Kolar was one of Purdy's top targets at Iowa State and put up some good numbers w/ Brock:

2019: 51 Rec, 697 yards, 7 TDs

2020: 44 Rec, 591 yards, 7 TDs

2021: 62 Rec, 756 yards, 6 TDs

No lol. Big physical receivers don't mean tight end. In my mind, if you would not use the guy as an in line blocker, he is not a tight end.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Latu has a lot of work to do to erase his horrible training camp last year. He has the physical tools, but he needs to get his head on straight if he's going to make this team.

Head and hands. Not easy things to get right unfortunately.

I'm rooting for the kid but I can't help but read extra salt into Kyle's comments. It felt to me like maybe they weren't seeing Latu around to show he's trying to improve. I know when Kinlaw was battling injury they at least saw him working at it. He was always at the facility and fighting to get right and improve.

Not sure if they're seeing the same drive from Latu but I hope I read too much into it and it's as simple as they haven't seen him out there since he went on IR.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Why not?

Good call.

Maybe they'll take Danny Grey.
They might have worked when Al Davis was still around.
Share 49ersWebzone