There are 136 users in the forums

Cameron Latu-TE-3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Patton:
This dude is more over rated than Jalen Hurd and Cory Sheets. I bet we don't even see him suit up.

Hurd actually did something when he played football. This dude who the f**k knows. Wasn't much of anything in college. Hated the pick

After those catches and TDs in that Dallas preseason game ppl acted like Hurd was going to be the next goat WR, dude never played again.

I didn't get the Latu pick at the time and still don't get it, he's done nothing at all for people to act like he can step in and be a #2 TE.

We couldn't afford a single injury last season, this season it's gonna be even less.
i had big hopes for him. So far, a mega-disappointment.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
not sure how? Played in a game, scored a TD and had a serious injury.

He was picked at the end of the third round so it is unrealistic to expect him to be a slam dunk starter right away. This will be the year where we'll see if he has starter capability or if he is just meh.
This dude is more over rated than Jalen Hurd and Cory Sheets. I bet we don't even see him suit up.

Who overrates him? Unless you are specifically speaking about him being drafted at least 2 rounds early, no one is hyping him. Nothing but a disappointment for a year. It's one of the rare times we have consensus on a player in Niner Talk. No one expects anything out of him. We can only hope to be surprised.
I read he isn't participating in OTAs. Still recovering from meniscus injury from 10 months ago?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Who overrates him? Unless you are specifically speaking about him being drafted at least 2 rounds early, no one is hyping him. Nothing but a disappointment for a year. It's one of the rare times we have consensus on a player in Niner Talk. No one expects anything out of him. We can only hope to be surprised.

s**t I bet genus is somewhere right now typing up a manifesto about how good this guy will be. .
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by father49er:
I read he isn't participating in OTAs. Still recovering from meniscus injury from 10 months ago?

But he looked okay during the NFCC walking over to the other teams sideline. lol

This dude is fried and so far down the depth chart, it's gonna be one helluva hole he has to climb out of.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

s**t I bet genus is somewhere right now typing up a manifesto about how good this guy will be. .

Sorry I'm out on this one...hated the pick when it happened more than the Moody pick and been hoping he'd prove me wrong. Not looking good.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
This guy is so done.

I never understood this damn draft pick, this was a draft pick of desperation when there was a run on TE's so they just took this clown who didn't do s**t in Bama. For the picks they hit on there's also a lot of damn head scratchers and wtf were you thinking
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
I never understood this damn draft pick, this was a draft pick of desperation when there was a run on TE's so they just took this clown who didn't do s**t in Bama. For the picks they hit on there's also a lot of damn head scratchers and wtf were you thinking

What was really annoying is I would've taken the next 4 TEs drafted over him easily and all of them went 46+ picks later in the 5th round.

Give me Davis Allen who the Rams got at pick 175 over Latu all day long.

It also seems stupid because maybe as a developmental guy he's fine but you take him in the 3rd round and you can't exactly stash him easily unless he keeps getting hurt and going IR which kind of defeats the purpose.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Almost no one else understood the pick.

They realized he's not really that kind of player once they got few practices in.

But like, what the hell were they watching on film?
Picking up Logan Thomas moves Latu further down the depth chart.
Picking up Logan Thomas moves Latu off the roster.

Fixed that for you
Share 49ersWebzone