There are 157 users in the forums

Cameron Latu-TE-3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
By all accounts Latu is a good player...he just can't stay on the field so far and has unreliable hands.

Injuries sometimes you can't control. The hands...we'll see if he put in the work.

Right now it's hard to feel excited about the kid's future but considering where he was drafted I'd love for him to show us something.

How can you say by all accounts Latu is a good player?

That was sarcasm.

Tho to be fair he had some positives in camp last year…just sprinkled with "but he failed to make the catch"
yet he scores TDs when games are played.

I had JJ as being a good asset when some here made the same comments about JJ. I see the same player in JJ with Latu. Just needs to stay healthy

In preseason lol?

I loved JJ from the jump and was thrilled we were able to stash him. JJ however doesn't have hand issues.
By all accounts Latu is a good player...he just can't stay on the field so far and has unreliable hands.

Injuries sometimes you can't control. The hands...we'll see if he put in the work.

Right now it's hard to feel excited about the kid's future but considering where he was drafted I'd love for him to show us something.

That was sarcasm.

Tho to be fair he had some positives in camp last year…just sprinkled with "but he failed to make the catch"

I had JJ as being a good asset when some here made the same comments about JJ. I see the same player in JJ with Latu. Just needs to stay healthy

In preseason lol?

I loved JJ from the jump and was thrilled we were able to stash him. JJ however doesn't have hand issues.
what's the lol? that is more than what JJ did his entire rookie year.

Not saying Latu will be great, but let the kid play first

That was sarcasm.

In preseason lol?

what's the lol? that is more than what JJ did his entire rookie year.

Not saying Latu will be great, but let the kid play first

I'm not saying the guy is doomed. I'm hoping he can show us something but you're comparing a 7th round WR to a 3rd round TE. Early expectations are drastically different.

Latu isn't even a big time blocker, his movement skills and size are the big selling point but all that is for naught if his hands aren't right.
Latu won't even make the team imo.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by illinois9er:

Phantom injury will put him on IR.
This depth chart is so wide open since there is no clear #2 TE. There are 400 offense and 500 special teams snap counts to replace (Woerner/Dwelley) so someone who can do both has an advantage. Willis had 100 ST snap counts but Latu was on IR all year so no idea on his abilities. Thomas did not play special teams last year. Here is where I would rank them all pre-training camp:

1. George Kittle
  2. Logan Thomas
  3. Cameron Latu
  4. Brayden Willis
  5. Eric Saubert
  6. Mason Pline
  7. Jake Tonges
[ Edited by hummbabybear_1 on Jul 12, 2024 at 11:03 AM ]
Originally posted by hummbabybear_1:
This depth chart is so wide open since there is no clear #2 TE. There are 400 offense and 500 special teams snap counts to replace (Woerner/Dwelly) so someone who can do both has an advantage. Willis had 100 ST snap counts but Latu was on IR all year so no idea on his abilities. Here is where I would rank them all pre-training camp:

1. George Kittle
  2. Logan Thomas
  3. Cameron Latu
  4. Brayden Willis
  5. Eric Saubert
  6. Mason Pline
  7. Jake Tonges

I think Thomas is the clear #2. Willis has the inside track on the #3 spot but Latu can take it if he shows the coaching staff something this preseason. I'm assuming the depth chart is Kittle, Thomas and Willis and Latu on IR after he rubbed his eye to scratch it and it felt really good and he got carried away and caused a slight blur in his vision for 2 minutes.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I think Thomas is the clear #2. Willis has the inside track on the #3 spot but Latu can take it if he shows the coaching staff something this preseason. I'm assuming the depth chart is Kittle, Thomas and Willis and Latu on IR after he rubbed his eye to scratch it and it felt really good and he got carried away and caused a slight blur in his vision for 2 minutes.

Who was the head coach in an interview years ago referring to an injured player as "she?" Might have been in the 80s or 90s?
Originally posted by hummbabybear_1:

Who was the head coach in an interview years ago referring to an injured player as "she?" Might have been in the 80s or 90s?

I don't know but that sounds like something the legend Dennis Green would say.
I don't know but that sounds like something the legend Dennis Green would say.

I found it - Bill Parcells and Terry Glenn. He had a pretty good career, but died in a car accident after retirement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Glenn

Originally posted by Kolohe:

You nailed it.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

You nailed it.

nah nah nah... he'll somehow get in Shanny's dog house while Shanny's paid media will send out some buzz that he's either not learning the system or just doesn't know how to work hard as an NFL player...
I say we make a trade for the Raider's Baby Gronk !!! they won't need him because of Bowers..
rootin for him
Share 49ersWebzone