LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 181 users in the forums

Cameron Latu-TE-3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I think Dwelley is better and more experienced than this guy. So he is like 3rd string? IDK? Maybe but I'm not sure I love the pick.
lol.. i'm sure you thought so highly of kittle when drafted

I like Kittle. He's great.

He catches touchdowns and win games.

Originally posted by 9erred:
I'm not sure about this pick at all. What does he give so amazing that he's worth 3rd round? We have TE's on this team. Starter and capable backup. What do you do with him? Special teams? 3rd string? I don't get this one.

Woerner last year of contract, Kittle above 30, Ross Dwelley one year contract with no guaranteed money. They NEED a TE, there was a run on TE's, and players like Strange who I thought would be a reach were drafted ahead of pick 99. I am 100 percent fine with this pick. Sabans players know how to practice and are disciplined

I think Dwelley is better and more experienced than this guy. So he is like 3rd string? IDK? Maybe but I'm not sure I love the pick.

I'm not sure about this pick at all. What does he give so amazing that he's worth 3rd round? We have TE's on this team. Starter and capable backup. What do you do with him? Special teams? 3rd string? I don't get this one.

Woerner last year of contract, Kittle above 30, Ross Dwelley one year contract with no guaranteed money. They NEED a TE, there was a run on TE's, and players like Strange who I thought would be a reach were drafted ahead of pick 99. I am 100 percent fine with this pick. Sabans players know how to practice and are disciplined
They needed a guy to compliment Kittle & pose a threat when he missed time not just another warm body,much better talent at other positions.

i'm sure you didn't say anything like that when he was drafted
I think this is a solid pick
[ Edited by GLT49ers on Apr 28, 2023 at 9:09 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Dwelley shouldn't make the team. He can't block his own shadow.

He can run patterns and catch though. He's a good receiving TE. What he was always known for in College too at University of San Diego Torreros. He's a good pass catcher with natural hands and excellent route running.
Dwelly is gone

i'm sure you didn't say anything like that when he was drafted

I always liked Kittle.
He can run patterns and catch though. He's a good receiving TE. What he was always known for in College too at University of San Diego Torreros. He's a good pass catcher with natural hands and excellent route running.

7 catches in 2 years. Fell behind Kroft because he's useless at blocking.

Shouldn't make team.

Dwelley shouldn't make the team. He can't block his own shadow.

Dwelly is gone

Not sure about that. He's a good receiver and special teams player too. They probably keep at least 3. He can probably be on the team. Just don't stupidly put him in to block DE's and elite pass rushers. It's not his strong suit. But other things are.
This is probably the pick I liked the least. I just don't think he looks explosive. The kicker will probably have a better career here if I'm a betting man
  • pd24
  • Veteran

Dwelley is obviously more experienced, this guy just got drafted. Lol

7 catches in 2 years. Fell behind Kroft because he's useless at blocking.

Shouldn't make team.

That's possible. But they re signed him. So I would guess they did that for a reason.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
This off-season has sucked so far. Team got worse.

Hargrave will impact this team more than a 3rd round rookie. Don't get me wrong this draft has been absolute torture but we will be fine.

Philly got significantly better this off-season
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Philly got significantly better this off-season

How so? Lol
Im just happy they drafted the position. Lets gooo
dude is not kittle's replacement
he is TE #2 in double tight formations for run blocking and pass pro, with an occasional route in the under coverage here and there
he will easily be the best TE we have on the roster to fill that role
Share 49ersWebzone