There are 258 users in the forums

Cameron Latu-TE-3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop 49ers game tickets
How can Latu sit around a professional football organization for a year, and still not know where to line up or how to motion? Then we have a QB that wasn't even with us last year having to tell Latu where to line up, and he still can't get it right?

Maybe spend the 12 months off (IR) studying the playbook?
Mason Pline is a much more interesting prospect than Latu. I think he will out perform Latu in pre-season,
Originally posted by BP13:
Mason Pline is a much more interesting prospect than Latu. I think he will out perform Latu in pre-season,

Latu's brain seems to be exactly how they described Gronks brain during the Tom Brady roast.
It's hard to get a read but based on what I have heard from the 49ers YouTube talking heads (Maiocco, et al) the TE room is looking like this, with bold being players in contract year:
  1. George Kittle
  2. Eric Saubert
  3. Brayden Willis
  4. Logan Thomas
  5. Mason Pline
  6. Cameron Latu
  7. Jake Tonges
He gets one more. f**k this guy

FULLY AGREE... I don't see any reason why we can't keep Pline.. he should be our 3rd string at this very moment..
Originally posted by 9moon:

FULLY AGREE... I don't see any reason why we can't keep Pline.. he should be our 3rd string at this very moment..

Pline might have long term potential but at this point I think he's PS material
Latu and Brayden Willis cut today. What a waste of another 3rd rounder by Lynch.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by scooterhd:
Latu and Brayden Willis cut today. What a waste of another 3rd rounder by Lynch.

Agree💯%, we could have had a OLine pick, but again this is hindsight on my part.
Officially a bust that everyone saw coming

• JMC52
  • Veteran
Damn, didn't love the pick but like all of us wanted to see it work out. Hoping they see good stuff in the other TE's
Dammit! Now I hate this pick even more!
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by scooterhd:

Agree💯%, we could have had a OLine pick, but again this is hindsight on my part.

Not hindsight at all. A lot of people were calling for OL help in the 2023 draft and instead they drafted a kicker in R3, 2 scrub TEs and a project DE in Beal.

I don't like to criticize draft picks because it's such a crapshoot but when everyone can see the team needs OL help and you draft ZERO offensive linemen, it does seem a bit strange.
BUST
This is my shocked face 😑
Share 49ersWebzone