Cameron Latu-TE-3rd Round 2023 Draft

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Giedi:
This dude was a LB for the first 2 years in college? I didn't know that.

Wow!

DE/OLB
Say he continues to improve at the TE position… could be a good player for the 49ers!

Crazy! Sounds like quite the project. But he'll be learning from the best now.

…and he broke a school record for TD receptions at Alabama?!? That is impressive! I look forward to watching what he does on the field,

Record for TEs, right?

Oh yes, sorry. That is an important detail, haha.
makes sense since Kittle usually misses a few games a year.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:
Great point. For the longest time I wanted Kyle to get younger at kicker *and* at fullback considering Juszczyk is 32 (Gould was a solid gold 40 years old). I got the kicker, now I"m hoping for the fullback.

Latu could be an experiment (played two positions in past)

This looks more like a defensive draft. As for Latu and the offensive weapon position. I think he can be an offensive weapon sort of like Juszczyk. Got to see if he can run like a fullback though. But I like his skillset and the fact that he's improving rather rapidly - from the college perspective.
Double TE sets with Kittle and Latu.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Double TE sets with Kittle and Latu.

Gronk and Hernandez 😍.

let's just hope the murder stays on the field than off
[ Edited by tankle104 on Apr 29, 2023 at 3:17 PM ]
Idk what the hell people are talking about - this looks like an awesome pick and essentially an early fourth rounder. Hell yeah. Has great ability, wayyy more than anyone on our team besides kittle.

he will be an awesome 1-2 punch with kittle. Just needs to get some good coaching and body built up. I love it

Wow!

DE/OLB
Say he continues to improve at the TE position… could be a good player for the 49ers!

Which means he is still learning and will only grow. Also, hopefully means he should have that nasty defensive mentality/aggressiveness in his game.
Latu's got really good hands. Yeah, looking forward to double TE sets with him & Kittle. I think the TE Willis (OK) could become Juice's replacement. He's stronger than Latu and looks more the hybrid FB-type. Really surprised he lasted 'til the 7th rd.
This looks more like a defensive draft. As for Latu and the offensive weapon position. I think he can be an offensive weapon sort of like Juszczyk. Got to see if he can run like a fullback though. But I like his skillset and the fact that he's improving rather rapidly - from the college perspective.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Latu's got really good hands. Yeah, looking forward to double TE sets with him & Kittle. I think the TE Willis (OK) could become Juice's replacement. He's stronger than Latu and looks more the hybrid FB-type. Really surprised he lasted 'til the 7th rd.

AGree, Walter Football graded him as a 4th round talent. I've been hoping they get Juszczyk's understudy in a long time. Three tight end set offenses, here we come!

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

AGree, Walter Football graded him as a 4th round talent. I've been hoping they get Juszczyk's understudy in a long time. Three tight end set offenses, here we come!

If that comes into fruition (Willis a hybrid) we'll be talking "I like this kinda party"
Will be interesting to see how he pans out, my completely uneducated eye test tells me I would want to see more separation on a "highlight reel" considering its Bama and he had a soon to be NFL qb throwing to him.

Wow!

DE/OLB

Crazy! Sounds like quite the project. But he'll be learning from the best now.

You not gonna get a blue chip at pick 101. You only can hope for a raw project guy that is already good enough to beat out the current low cieling back ups already on the roster.
This dude is getting so much hate for some reason. He wasn't a bad player at all. QB rating when targeting him was over 100, broke the single season TD record for Alabama TEs, had a really good game in the National Championship, and has only been playing the position for like 3 years.
Share 49ersWebzone