LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 159 users in the forums

Randy Gregory, Edge, Tampa Bay Bucs

Shop 49ers game tickets
This our speed guy??
Isn't this guy good when he has played?!
Originally posted by libertyforever:
I hope we don't take on that salary.

Can't be right? Wouldn't it have been cheaper to just sign clowney or Ingram and they'd have more production and not give up draft picks?
CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!
This is Super Bowl or bust!!
Love it from a talent perspective, but not thrilled about the contract part . Oh well they know what they are doing
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Oct 6, 2023 at 12:48 PM ]
So he has a $14M base salary and 13/17ths of that is $10.7M…

There's no way we're paying him all of that, right? Dumb trade if that's the case.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

There's no way we're paying him all of that, right? Dumb trade if that's the case.

It looks like there are reports that the Broncos are paying a significant chunk of that salary.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Love it from a talent perspective, but not thrilled about the contract part . Oh well they know what they are doing

I think his guaranteed money is over - so we can cut him next year with no problem. Essentially a 1 year rental to bolster our pass rush

Lol who cares. We have the cap. And it's not like he's signed for the next 5 years. Don't worry about Jed, he's got enough money.

Originally posted by Ghostofabshelmet:

It looks like there are reports that the Broncos are paying a significant chunk of that salary.

$10M for a good pass rusher to bolster our d line in pursuit of a chip… not bad for a one year player. Our d line needs the help and rotation.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Originally posted by libertyforever:
I hope we don't take on that salary.

Can't be right? Wouldn't it have been cheaper to just sign clowney or Ingram and they'd have more production and not give up draft picks?

The draft pick was really nothing. We traded away a bottom 6th for a top 7th, basically just move back a few spots.

It is really the salary that I don't like.
[ Edited by libertyforever on Oct 6, 2023 at 12:52 PM ]
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Lol who cares. We have the cap. And it's not like he's signed for the next 5 years. Don't worry about Jed, he's got enough money.

You want to keep Aiyuk? Because this mindset is how you lose Aiyuk. Cap space can be carried over.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OC49erLuVeR:
aren't we deep enough on the line. Need CBs!
Not much is available on that front. Might as well grab another Edge rusher in the mean time.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

I think his guaranteed money is over - so we can cut him next year with no problem. Essentially a 1 year rental to bolster our pass rush

More about shaving 10mil off of the rollover for next year, but someone just said DEN is paying the bulk of it.
Share 49ersWebzone