There are 177 users in the forums

Randy Gregory, Edge, Tampa Bay Bucs

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Uh, what the hell is going on?

Going all in this year

It's either that, or another kick in the pants for Drake. Both Lynch and Shanahan indicated at the end of last season that they expected more out of him. He did have a nice game against Pissburgh. But I haven't heard his name called since that first game. Can someone chime in on this? It could be that. I can't believe the 49ers would suddenly give up on Drake Jackson after less than two seasons. But I can believe they would give him proper motivation to make sure he makes an impact every Sunday.

Or Ferrell. Love this depth we have now at DE.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Lol welp so much for all the guys b***hing that we are paying too much. Lmao this is a killer trade
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
So he has a $14M base salary and 13/17ths of that is $10.7M…

There's no way we're paying him all of that, right? Dumb trade if that's the case.

Lol who cares. We have the cap. And it's not like he's signed for the next 5 years. Don't worry about Jed, he's got enough money.

You want to keep Aiyuk? Because this mindset is how you lose Aiyuk. Cap space can be carried over.

We will have like 25-30 mil to roll over, cap is going up again next year and there will be some players off the books (Ford is finally off the books as well next season) and we also have players we can restructure.

The only way we lose BA is if he asks for ridiculous money or if he just wants to leave for whatever other reasons.
Fred Dean was traded to the 49ers mid-season in 1981…. during Cowboys week…

sounds like another JL masterclass
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I don't think it's any referendum on Drake. Can never have enough pass rush. What happens if Nick is out for a 4-6 week stretch? Can't be allowing QBs to hold the ball all day. Winning as a pass rusher is one of the most highly prized skills, in the game

I agree with you. Another option is this could be a signal from Sean Payton. Denver got boatraced by Miami. Payton probably didn't like that. His trade of Gregory could be a signal to the rest of his defense. Nobody is safe. Allow another 70-point game, and you might find yourself on another team or on the street. It could be that, especially if Gregory wasn't really playing well, or loafing it, or just didn't like Payton.

Incredible trade and awesome upgrade to the DL depth. Our rotation just got a lot stronger
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Fred Dean was traded to the 49ers mid-season in 1981…. during Cowboys week…

they were just talking about that this morning on the ol radio
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Let's see Kris Kocurek work his magic

Originally posted by Jcool:

f**k yeah
Is there an out after this season? If not dumb move
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I thought he was released?

They were going to release him but I assume Lynch called a said he wanted to trade. It's better for all concerned. Denver gets a 6th round pick, Gregory goes to a better team and the Niners won't need to pay free agent money to pick him up. If he helpsthen that's great. If it doesn't then they moved back about 10 spots in the draft.

OH NOEEEESSS GONNNNA LOSE EYEUUUKKK FOR SHURE!!1!1!!

Definitely makes it worth it. We swapped picks for first dibs if he was released.

I'm just wondering how this dude fleeced th broncos into offering him a 70milliom dollar contract when his best season he only had 6 sacks...

Expecting any impact from him is pretty unlikely. It is low risk low return though.
Share 49ersWebzone