LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 150 users in the forums

Randy Gregory, Edge, Tampa Bay Bucs

Shop 49ers game tickets
Gregory(what a great name) is an upgrade over Drake Jackson, Ferrell, Hyder and anybody else not named Nick Bosa
I don't know the backstory, why was Denver going to release him?
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Jcool:

Lol welp so much for all the guys b***hing that we are paying too much. Lmao this is a killer trade

Oh no, again their sob story is yet another baseless overreaction. What are they going to whine about next?
[ Edited by DASeiler49 on Oct 6, 2023 at 1:09 PM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I thought he was released?

They were going to release him but I assume Lynch called a said he wanted to trade. It's better for all concerned. Denver gets a 6th round pick, Gregory goes to a better team and the Niners won't need to pay free agent money to pick him up. If he helpsthen that's great. If it doesn't then they moved back about 10 spots in the draft.

The trade was awesome!

We denied other teams the option and got him for vet minimum

Wow
Doesn't he have a low number of sacks?
Originally posted by OC49erLuVeR:
aren't we deep enough on the line. Need CBs!

What CB?
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Is there an out after this season? If not dumb move

He has no more guaranteed money on his contract. We can cut him with 0 money owed
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Fred Dean was traded to the 49ers mid-season in 1981…. during Cowboys week…

Damn!
Originally posted by boast:
OH NOEEEESSS GONNNNA LOSE EYEUUUKKK FOR SHURE!!1!1!!

lol
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I thought he was released?

They were going to release him but I assume Lynch called a said he wanted to trade. It's better for all concerned. Denver gets a 6th round pick, Gregory goes to a better team and the Niners won't need to pay free agent money to pick him up. If he helpsthen that's great. If it doesn't then they moved back about 10 spots in the draft.

The trade was awesome!

We denied other teams the option and got him for vet minimum

Wow

Right??? What an unbelievable move. Love it!

Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Uh, what the hell is going on?

Going all in this year

It's either that, or another kick in the pants for Drake. Both Lynch and Shanahan indicated at the end of last season that they expected more out of him. He did have a nice game against Pissburgh. But I haven't heard his name called since that first game. Can someone chime in on this? It could be that. I can't believe the 49ers would suddenly give up on Drake Jackson after less than two seasons. But I can believe they would give him proper motivation to make sure he makes an impact every Sunday.

You're probably right. The sacks that Jackson did have in week one wasn't him winning his one on one with the tackle. They were more cleanup sacks off pressure created for him.
This is the best our edge has been in a very long time. Can't wait to see him on Sunday night
Originally posted by Shorteous:
I don't know the backstory, why was Denver going to release him?

here is the scoop in longform, from Broncos Wire, with quotes from Sean Payton
the TLDR, is DEN wants to play their kids:

"It was something that we felt was just best for our team right now," Payton said.

Gregory was benched against the Chicago Bears last week in favor of second-year pass rusher Nik Bonitto. Denver appears content to move forward with Bonitto, Jonathon Cooper and Baron Browning as their main pass rushers.

"We felt like with some of our younger players and where we are going, it was best for our team right now," Payton said.

Payton said "a number of things" played a role in the team's decision, but the only reason he specifically mentioned was performance.

"It was a number of things," Payton said. "He played 30 snaps last week. We just felt like these other guys were playing better. It happens in this league. We want the best players possible. There was a combination of things. Those other guys stepped up, and we felt like they're playing better."

Multiple outlets reported Wednesday that Gregory asked for his release and the Broncos granted it after failing to find a trade partner. Payton said "no" when asked if the pass rusher asked to be cut.

"This was something we made and decided," Payton said. "You spend a lot of time on decisions like this. Like I said, we felt that it was best for our team."

Gregory, 30, totaled three sacks in 10 games (six starts) out of a possible 21 games over the last two years in Denver. He was a big free agency bust signing for Broncos general manager George Paton.
Bruh. Low picks and they're paying most of the salary for a good no. 2 rusher?

He's living well going from one weed legal state to another haha
Does he fit our culture though
Share 49ersWebzone