LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 140 users in the forums

Randy Gregory, Edge, Tampa Bay Bucs

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DASeiler49:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Jcool:

Lol welp so much for all the guys b***hing that we are paying too much. Lmao this is a killer trade

Oh no, again their sob story is yet another baseless overreaction. What are they going to whine about next?

Hahaha anything and everything.

broncos we're going to release him and owe the same amount regardless - so we swapped and 7th and 6th to lock him up for the vet min. Awesome.

Our depth is so much better now when we rotate nick/jackson out.
We moving Mitchell to IR with this move?
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Uh, what the hell is going on?

Going all in this year

It's either that, or another kick in the pants for Drake. Both Lynch and Shanahan indicated at the end of last season that they expected more out of him. He did have a nice game against Pissburgh. But I haven't heard his name called since that first game. Can someone chime in on this? It could be that. I can't believe the 49ers would suddenly give up on Drake Jackson after less than two seasons. But I can believe they would give him proper motivation to make sure he makes an impact every Sunday.

Anyone watching the games that understand what they're seeing is aware that Drake Jackson hasn't been good. People saw the 3 sacks in week 1 but failed to understand the context of production. The 49ers badly needed to get some consistency out of the opposite end spot.

Anyways, Drake is a young player with a ton of room to grow. I don't think the team has remotely given up on him yet, but he's just not close to being what the team needs right now. Gregory is a big upgrade as a rusher.
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 6, 2023 at 1:12 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Uh, what the hell is going on?

The gods have been appeased.
[ Edited by fropwns on Oct 6, 2023 at 1:11 PM ]
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
I'm not convinced about Gregory but I don't think they made this trade because they don't like what they're seeing from Drake Jackson.
I think they made this move because it was an opportunity to had depth to the D-Line.
Not a lot of people thought the Broncos would release Gregory at this point of the season.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Doesn't he have a low number of sacks?

He has the same # of sacks this year as Nick bosa
Originally posted by frenchmov:

It's not just about sacks - it's about pressure and all of that. He adds an element our d line rotation desperately needed when nick and jackson weren't in the lineup. We needed more pressure from our rotating guys.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Is there an out after this season? If not dumb move

Absolutely. Master move by Lynch. Gregory, who signed a 70-million FA deal with the Broncos last year flopped badly. The 49ers will pay the man the vet minimum and can release him at any time if it doesn't work out.

Seriously, as one poster has already mentioned, this could very much be like the Fred Dean move that Bill Walsh pulled off. San Diego didn't want him, and let the 49ers have the man for peanuts.
Originally posted by Jcool:

That changed everything. Now I love this move.
Originally posted by pdc20:
I'm not convinced about Gregory but I don't think they made this trade because they don't like what they're seeing from Drake Jackson.
I think they made this move because it was an opportunity to had depth to the D-Line.
Not a lot of people thought the Broncos would release Gregory at this point of the season.

Beal is the hope for the future but needs 1 year or so in an NFL strength program

I dont think Gregory and his zero dead money going forward are a problem for our future plans

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

DAMN! That is a steal!
Originally posted by frenchmov:

Haha shots fired. His best season was 6 sacks but maybe with this line he can fill the omenihu roll and get to that 8-10 on clean up speed.
I'd say put Gregory's locker between Purdys and CMCs LOL.
Who's getting dropped?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Does he fit our culture though

the cool thing when a guy has no gtd, is he can be shown the door no consequence if he doesn't
low risk, potential high reward move
Share 49ersWebzone