Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Doesn't he have a low number of sacks?

He has the same # of sacks this year as Nick bosa

Haha shots fired. His best season was 6 sacks but maybe with this line he can fill the omenihu roll and get to that 8-10 on clean up speed.

Not mention his highest game total is 14 games.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I thought he was released?

They were going to release him but I assume Lynch called a said he wanted to trade. It's better for all concerned. Denver gets a 6th round pick, Gregory goes to a better team and the Niners won't need to pay free agent money to pick him up. If he helpsthen that's great. If it doesn't then they moved back about 10 spots in the draft.
After hearing the cost of getting him, great move
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Uh, what the hell is going on?

Going all in this year

It's either that, or another kick in the pants for Drake. Both Lynch and Shanahan indicated at the end of last season that they expected more out of him. He did have a nice game against Pissburgh. But I haven't heard his name called since that first game. Can someone chime in on this? It could be that. I can't believe the 49ers would suddenly give up on Drake Jackson after less than two seasons. But I can believe they would give him proper motivation to make sure he makes an impact every Sunday.

Anyone watching the games that understand what they're seeing is aware that Drake Jackson hasn't been good. People saw the 3 sacks in week 1 but failed to understand the context of production. The 49ers badly needed to get some consistency out of the opposite end spot.

Anyways, Drake is a young player with a ton of room to grow. I don't think the team has remotely given up on him yet, but he's just not close to being what the team needs right now. Gregory is a big upgrade as a rusher.

So what are they factoring into those win rate %s? This is in line with what I asked the other day. His win rate seem to be pretty good (17%), but you can also tell he has a lot to work on .
Bad locker room and off the field guy. Hopefully the team culture can help rein that in. Tons of talent.
Just heard on KNBR that he's already in the building and passed his physical… might of heard wrong by also the Niners will only be on the hook for the vet minimum $
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Oct 6, 2023 at 1:17 PM ]
Originally posted by bigpete50:
I'd say put Gregory's locker between Purdys and CMCs LOL.

We have so many leaders. Perhaps let our defensive leader do their job and put him between Fred and Arik's lockers.
[ Edited by libertyforever on Oct 6, 2023 at 1:17 PM ]
Yeah I'm on board with this move.
Who is getting cut/put on IR ?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Does he fit our culture though

the cool thing when a guy has no gtd, is he can be shown the door no consequence if he doesn't
low risk, potential high reward move

Yeah, this move has absolutely no risk. At worst, we just moved back a handful of picks from late in the 6th round to early 7th. Lol and less money than what we are paying Brock.

Usually a winning culture like ours and the crazy amount of talent, helps keep guys in line.
Hopefully he buys in and dominates.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Makes sense. Denver would have released him eventually. Nice of them to send him our way.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Just heard on KNBR that he's already in the building and passed his physical… might of heard wrong by also the Niners will only be on the hook for the vet minimum $

Yup! $800k. Awesome move and hope he can get some rotation plays in - our defense is relatively simple and he will just be asked to pass rush.

isn't Gregory athletic as heck!?

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Fred Dean was traded to the 49ers mid-season in 1981…. during Cowboys week…

Yes, but Fred Dean was an elite All-Pro who was holding out on the Chargers for a bump in pay. I am admittedly not too familiar with Gregory, but I am comfortable saying he is not of the stature of Dean when we pulled off that trade with the Chargers. On the other hand, our defensive line now is already so stacked that a marginal upgrade given an opportunity to play with a top defense might really shine.
Originally posted by mcwoot:
Bad locker room and off the field guy. Hopefully the team culture can help rein that in. Tons of talent.

This is a high upside low risk move. If he doesn't work out, the team can release him with minimal losses. If Kyle and John are brave enough to ship Trey out of town, they can do that to Gregory anytime.
Just tell him to hit opposing QBs as hard as he hits his bong.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
John Lynch and the Denver solid special!^^
if this guy has any desire to up his game, Kris K will get it out of him. if the team can make him look productive, he easily becomes a future trade asset
[ Edited by boast on Oct 6, 2023 at 1:21 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone