There are 307 users in the forums

Outlaw the Tush Push in the NFL?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Outlaw the Tush Push in the NFL?

What do you think of this rugby non football like play? That seems completely unstoppable. It doesn't even seem football like. More bizarre rugby play. It also is dangerous in the pile up on both sides of the ball. Place your vote and comments.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 22, 2023 at 8:22 PM ]
I don't see a problem with it. And aslong as the NFL allows all this turf I don't wanna hear s**t about the play being a safety issue. And the play is far from unstoppable unless its the Eagles.
I would also like to tie Mahomes legs together and cap his right handed throws at 10 per game.
Originally posted by lamontb:
I don't see a problem with it. And aslong as the NFL allows all this turf I don't wanna hear s**t about the play being a safety issue. And the play is far from unstoppable unless its the Eagles.

Players get into a big crash pile up and can get hurt. I believe some players have been hurt on this play. As for an unfair advantage I do feel it does give one. It's unstoppable on short yardage and 1, 2 or even 3 yards to gain. 3rd or 4th and short or goal line. Especially for the Eagles.
Idc

but f**k philly, i hope its all they are known for
Ban that ass
Originally posted by Montana:
Ban that ass

Yeah I agree.

Without the tush, are Eagles 6-1? Nope
Originally posted by Montana:
Without the tush, are Eagles 6-1? Nope

I don't think so. They get every one of those close yardage plays. It's a huge advantage.
Ban that s**t only because the league has f**ked the defensie over and over with absurd rules and now it's time to f**k the offense a little bit.

I hope they ban it this year
I don't understand how they can ban all the wedge blocking on special teams but allow this play. From a player safety standpoint it doesn't make sense alongside all the recent changes.

If pushing a QB with two hands is a 15 yard roughing the passer penalty for safety reasons then allowing this play where multiple players push the QB into a car crash pile up makes zero sense.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Ban that s**t only because the league has f**ked the defensie over and over with absurd rules and now it's time to f**k the offense a little bit.

Yeah I agree.
I don't understand why defenses only put two big guys out there for the stop tho.

i can understand if Philly doesn't sub out, but I believe they do. Defenses need to match body for body on the play but seldom do.
Originally posted by captveg:
I don't understand how they can ban all the wedge blocking on special teams but allow this play. From a player safety standpoint it doesn't make sense alongside all the recent changes.

If pushing a QB with two hands is a 15 yard roughing the passer penalty for safety reasons then allowing this play where multiple players push the QB into a car crash pile up makes zero sense.

Yes I agree. It's too dangerous. Also competitively unfair.
Share 49ersWebzone